FIU Football player fatally stabbed on campus

The man police believe stabbed FIU football star Kendall Berry to death on the school's Modesto A. Maidique campus surrendered to authorities Friday night, police said.

Quentin Wyche, 22, a former teammate of Berry's at FIU, gave himself up sometime before 8:30 p.m. Miami-Dade police charged him with second-degree murder with a deadly weapon.

Sources familiar with the investigation said the stabbing was sparked by an earlier incident between Berry's girlfriend and Wyche. The girlfriend had summoned Berry after encountering Wyche outside the rec center, where they had a disagreement and he allegedly threw cookies in her face.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by JordanDon23

The man police believe stabbed FIU football star Kendall Berry to death on the school's Modesto A. Maidique campus surrendered to authorities Friday night, police said.

Quentin Wyche, 22, a former teammate of Berry's at FIU, gave himself up sometime before 8:30 p.m. Miami-Dade police charged him with second-degree murder with a deadly weapon.

Sources familiar with the investigation said the stabbing was sparked by an earlier incident between Berry's girlfriend and Wyche. The girlfriend had summoned Berry after encountering Wyche outside the rec center, where they had a disagreement and he allegedly threw cookies in her face.

smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

RIP tho

Originally Posted by J23Diego

smh.gif
These schools need
more security or cops
RIP
Are you serious? FIU has its OWN police station on campus. The police station is no more than 50 feet away from the stabbing. I swear I seen dude who killed him before. Looks like this really short guy who always wore a daytona state football shirt that was always in the cafeteria by the football players.

Originally Posted by AJChick23

S.FL has always and will always be crazy violent
smh.gif

RIP Kendall Berry

i live on kendall drive.  what a coincidence?!?!  it's not that bad.  i graduated from miami dade, attended FIU but dropped out to do me.  plenty of my friends attend FIU.  this is something of a freak accident.  when i was 16, ten years ago, someone got stabbed in my elementary school basketball court where we use to run games.  it's all about what type of people you associate with and let inside your circle.  if anything, the victim had it coming.

Originally Posted by VINTAGE SOLE 737

smh.gif

RIP Kendall Berry

i live on kendall drive.  what a coincidence?!?!  it's not that bad.  i graduated from miami dade, attended FIU but dropped out to do me.  plenty of my friends attend FIU.  this is something of a freak accident.  when i was 16, ten years ago, someone got stabbed in my elementary school basketball court where we use to run games.  it's all about what type of people you associate with and let inside your circle. 
if anything, the victim had it coming.
DF, How?? & Child Please!

It's just a sad part of life, RIP to the man.

People so stupid...

Originally Posted by royster

smh.gif

RIP Kendall Berry

i live on kendall drive.  what a coincidence?!?!  it's not that bad.  i graduated from miami dade, attended FIU but dropped out to do me.  plenty of my friends attend FIU.  this is something of a freak accident.  when i was 16, ten years ago, someone got stabbed in my elementary school basketball court where we use to run games.  it's all about what type of people you associate with and let inside your circle. 
if anything, the victim had it coming.
DF, How?? & Child Please!

It's just a sad part of life, RIP to the man.

People so stupid...
everyone is going to die.  is that sad?  i agree that it was not his fault, but people should learn from others history so it doesn't happen again.

smh.gif

RIP Kendall Berry

i live on kendall drive.  what a coincidence?!?!  it's not that bad.  i graduated from miami dade, attended FIU but dropped out to do me.  plenty of my friends attend FIU.  this is something of a freak accident.  when i was 16, ten years ago, someone got stabbed in my elementary school basketball court where we use to run games.  it's all about what type of people you associate with and let inside your circle.  if anything, the victim had it coming.
Victim had it coming? He was defending his girlfriend. If someone threw a cookie in your mom or girlfriends face what would you do walk away? You sure you from miami man?

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

smh.gif

RIP Kendall Berry

Victim had it coming? He was defending his girlfriend. If someone threw a cookie in your mom or girlfriends face what would you do walk away? You sure you from miami man?
whoa, i was tipsy yesterday night when i wrote that, i guess that came off harsh.  i would be dead too, if someone threw anything at my girl/mom.  but if you wanna stay alive, the best thing is to walk away... but that takes some crazy discipline.  i meant no disrespect to the victim.  RIP.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

smh.gif

RIP Kendall Berry

whoa, i was tipsy yesterday night when i wrote that, i guess that came off harsh.  i would be dead too, if someone threw anything at my girl/mom.  but if you wanna stay alive, the best thing is to walk away... but that takes some crazy discipline.  i meant no disrespect to the victim.  RIP.
its really a no-win situation. on one hand you'll be a @#$@$ if you dont stand up for your girl, on the other hand you might end up dead
tired.gif
what the hell are people supposed to do? its also hard cause if it was just verbal you can brush it off as some bitter @#$ dude being a little @#$%@, but in this case you got someone throwing @#$% at your girl...

i've been in this situation when i was younger and although i got my @#$ whooped, at least it didnt come down to anything more than throwing hands. people are too crazy and willing to kill others over dumb @#$%
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom