Flagship Mercedes-Benz NY dealership in hot water over racism lawsuit

Via Autoblog

mercedes-benz-manhattan-opt.jpg

In a lawsuit filed in New York federal court, Mercedes-Benz Manhattan is charged with firing two employees after they complained about racist comments at the dealership.

Burnell Guyton and Andre Grammer, both African American, claim they found racist graffiti several times on bathroom stalls used only by employees. The two former employees say scratched into the stall wall was a stick figure hanging from a noose with Guyton's name below it, sexual drawings and "racially derogatory statements" according to Automotive News.

After they reported the offending graffiti, the two say they were fired almost immediately.

"When I first got there, I heard rumors of what certain people might say about an African-American running fixed operations. But it was just hearsay," Guyton tells AN. "Around the second year, when the writing started to show up, then it really hit home when you can read it on the wall."

The flagship Manhattan dealership is the only location owned and operated by Mercedes-Benz USA itself. Dealership management addressed the lawsuit in a statement: "We pride ourselves in providing an inclusive and supportive environment at Mercedes-Benz Manhattan. This lawsuit was originated by an employee who was terminated for cause and another one who voluntarily resigned without cause or provocation."

I read in the early 90's that Mercedes didn't even want us driving there cars, especially rappers, is this true? :wow:

P.S. Did a search, nothing came up. Lock if old.

nothing new.. some of you NT'ers act as if we arent still living in a racist society. Nothing will change until another race riot jumps off and people are killed but then again who knows. You cant run from racism whether its in your face or hidden, itll never stop from rodney king to the young boy in Mississippi the other day and trayvon Martin. P.S. im an Afro American btw

Last edited:
Yes because Mercedes as a company, not idiots who work at that specific dealership, feels that way. If it's true and that's why they were fired, then shame on that dealership and hopefully Mercedes comes down on them.

nothing new.. some of you NT'ers act as if we arent still living in a racist society. Nothing will change until another race riot jumps off and people are killed but then again who knows. You cant run from racism whether its in your face or hidden, itll never stop from rodney king to the young boy in Mississippi the other day and trayvon Martin. P.S. im an Afro American btw
Obama got elected, didn't you hear?

seen the s550... :smh:

if i had 100K for a whip game... i would DEFINITELY spend it on something else...

but... i cant judge them cuz i cant afford them... so...

:\ :\

Back
Top Bottom