FLAKED on Netflix starring Will Arnett - Season 1

Binge watched the first season on Sunday. 8 episodes approximately 30 minutes each. It's a pretty cool show especially since I can relate to the environment. Worth checking out.

A pseudo-comedy, Flaked. Will Arnett stars as Chip, a resident of the insular world of Venice Beach, California. Chip presents himself to the world as the go-to guy for personal insights, but secretly he is a recovering alcoholic who struggles with his own baggage, and has a difficult time keeping track of his own deceptions.

Executive produced by Mitch Hurwitz (Arrested Development)

Trailer:

Last edited:
Love this show. Watched the whole season in one night. Waiting for them to announce season 2. 

This shown is really entertaining. Chip has like a pseudo Hank Moody vibe going on.

Last edited:
The plot twist ruined the show
I wouldn't say ruined it.. but it did hurt it.. just don't see the payoff

like I could see if he was getting paid off and had to maintain the lie in order to keep something huge.. and keeping that secret was causing him to drink since it would wear on his friends and the opinion they had of him

Finished the season, it definitely did get weird after the reveal. So did he ever really have a problem? Or was that part of his character?

There's definitely way more to why he did that than just a furniture store and building.

I'm excited for season 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: God
I'm trying to figure out if Chip is really a pos or if he actually means well. 

Why would that make him a POS? Because he gets something out of it? There's people in this world that tear down others to build themselves up. And you want to criticize Chip because he helps raise all ships including his own? Pure altruism is highly overrated.

Last edited:
What do you guys think, did he know Topher was a rich ? Did he have that magazine before or after he met him ? Did he mastermind that whole thing out thinking he could use the guy for his money ? 

I think he got the magazine after he met him. 

Ya maybe. He looked like he really didn't want to be the guys sponsor though. And he looked shocked when he went to where Topher worked. 

Back
Top Bottom