Flohio strikes again!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/pa...y-video-game-robbery-20130919,0,4452740.story

Sun Sentinel

'Grand Theft Auto V' fan robbed of his video game in Delray Beach

Couple charged; victim had just bought popular game

By Brett Clarkson, Sun Sentinel

3:45 PM EDT, September 20, 2013

advertisement
DELRAY BEACH — A mentally challenged man who saved his money to buy a highly anticipated video game was attacked and robbed just after he left the store, police said.

Rohan Dawkins, 21, had gone to a GameStop store on Tuesday to pick up a copy of Grand Theft Auto V, something he had been looking forward to for weeks.

But police say it turns out a couple also wanted the game — and apparently didn't want to pay for it.

When Dawkins left the store and walked through the parking lot at about 4 p.m., the pair pulled up in a car and robbed him, police said.

Dawkins suddenly found himself in a real-life version of the violence depicted in the video game, which is known for its over-the-top forays into crime and bloodshed.

According to police reports, the man asked Dawkins for the time. Dawkins was about to answer when the man grabbed the game and jumped back in the car.

In a desperate attempt to get his game back, Dawkins ran to the car and opened the door.

The woman started kicking and punching Dawkins to get him away from the vehicle before the pair drove off, police said.

"I would let them know that it wasn't nice, and it hurt me," Dawkins said Thursday.

Dawkins would show up every week at the GameStop, paying in $10 or $20 installments to be able to buy the game, said Delray Beach police Detective Peter Sosa.

"That's what ticks me off the most," the detective said.

Dawkins' job coach at Lynn University, Barrington Gilbert, said Dawkins was extremely upset after the incident.

"It definitely hurts me to my heart of see people doing something like that." Gilbert said.

Dawkins, who has an intellectual disability, attends a transitional program for special needs adults at Lynn during the week, Gilbert said. On weekends, he works at Home Depot.

After the robbery, the pair's next stop was another GameStop store at the Boynton Beach Mall at about 4:30 p.m., where they tried and failed to return the game for a refund, Sosa said.

The suspects, identified as Tommy Davis, 27, and Adele Jones, 26, both of Delray Beach, were arrested Thursday.

Sosa said investigators recognized Davis from the store's surveillance footage. Dawkins immediately identified them in a photo lineup, he said.

Released Tuesday, the latest installment in the hugely popular Grand Theft Auto series racked up $800 million in sales in its first 24 hours.

While he believes the game taken from Dawkins was bought by another person for $60, Sosa said police need firmer evidence to make a third arrest.

Davis and Jones, who have four children together, are each facing charges of strong-armed robbery and dealing in stolen property.

But the story also has a silver lining. On Thursday night, Delray Beach police announced on Facebook that a new GTA V game had been delivered to police, and that Dawkins would receive it Friday.

:smh:

:x :smh: This state can't be saved. The stuff you see every day baffles the mind.

"I would let them know that it wasn't nice, and it hurt me," Dawkins said Thursday.

Dawkins would show up every week at the GameStop, paying in $10 or $20 installments to be able to buy the game, said Delray Beach police Detective Peter Sosa.

Breaks my heart to hear that man... :smh:

during the video what is the thing at 35 seconds crawling across that wall???
doesnt seem intentional like he meant to
it just seemed like a dumbass doing something dumb like driving that fast behind a suspect to me

:x :smh: This state can't be saved. The stuff you see every day baffles the mind.

...but wait there's more!

Dash-cam video shows police car plow into fleeing Florida man before he dies Link

during the video at the bottom of the page showing what happened what is the thing at 35 seconds crawling across that wall???
doesnt seem intentional like he meant to
it just seemed like a dumbass doing something dumb like driving that fast behind a suspect to me

Last edited:
Wow. Like this can't happen in any other state. You muster up anything to make my state look bag. Go choke on one

Last edited:

Breaks my heart to hear that man...
mean.gif
Same here
frown.gif
.  Glad to see he got the game back though.  The robbers are pieces of s***.  I hope they get locked up for a while
mean.gif

I swear these are all omens before the Flohio apocalypse there when Lebron leaves just like how Cleveland couldn't stop talking Ls

Last edited:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/pa...y-video-game-robbery-20130919,0,4452740.story

Sun Sentinel

'Grand Theft Auto V' fan robbed of his video game in Delray Beach

Couple charged; victim had just bought popular game

By Brett Clarkson, Sun Sentinel

3:45 PM EDT, September 20, 2013

advertisement
DELRAY BEACH — A mentally challenged man who saved his money to buy a highly anticipated video game was attacked and robbed just after he left the store, police said.

Rohan Dawkins, 21, had gone to a GameStop store on Tuesday to pick up a copy of Grand Theft Auto V, something he had been looking forward to for weeks.

But police say it turns out a couple also wanted the game — and apparently didn't want to pay for it.

When Dawkins left the store and walked through the parking lot at about 4 p.m., the pair pulled up in a car and robbed him, police said.

Dawkins suddenly found himself in a real-life version of the violence depicted in the video game, which is known for its over-the-top forays into crime and bloodshed.

According to police reports, the man asked Dawkins for the time. Dawkins was about to answer when the man grabbed the game and jumped back in the car.

In a desperate attempt to get his game back, Dawkins ran to the car and opened the door.

The woman started kicking and punching Dawkins to get him away from the vehicle before the pair drove off, police said.

"That's what ticks me off the most," the detective said.

Dawkins' job coach at Lynn University, Barrington Gilbert, said Dawkins was extremely upset after the incident.

"It definitely hurts me to my heart of see people doing something like that." Gilbert said.

Dawkins, who has an intellectual disability, attends a transitional program for special needs adults at Lynn during the week, Gilbert said. On weekends, he works at Home Depot.

After the robbery, the pair's next stop was another GameStop store at the Boynton Beach Mall at about 4:30 p.m., where they tried and failed to return the game for a refund, Sosa said.

The suspects, identified as Tommy Davis, 27, and Adele Jones, 26, both of Delray Beach, were arrested Thursday.

Sosa said investigators recognized Davis from the store's surveillance footage. Dawkins immediately identified them in a photo lineup, he said.

Released Tuesday, the latest installment in the hugely popular Grand Theft Auto series racked up $800 million in sales in its first 24 hours.

While he believes the game taken from Dawkins was bought by another person for $60, Sosa said police need firmer evidence to make a third arrest.

Davis and Jones, who have four children together, are each facing charges of strong-armed robbery and dealing in stolen property.

But the story also has a silver lining. On Thursday night, Delray Beach police announced on Facebook that a new GTA V game had been delivered to police, and that Dawkins would receive it Friday.

mean.gif
sick.gif

Breaks my heart to hear that man...
mean.gif
Same here
frown.gif
.  Glad to see he got the game back though.  The robbers are pieces of s***.  I hope they get locked up for a while
mean.gif
mean.gif

That Florida education.

and muster up? :lol: I can't help that y'all have the highest concentration of idiots in the country.
I'm typing from my phone. Of course you sound like a sheep, beleiving everything that's said on here about florida, yet you probably haven't stepped foot on the state line. Why don't you stop being a b**** and go there and make an opinion of your own , coward.

Last edited:
Florida's not so bad. You get your fair share of kooks just like any other state. I've been up to Cali, and that place was pretty much a dump, full of insane bums. But then you go to the hills and it's lovely.
Every states the same. Ups and downs, swings and roundabouts.

Florida's not so bad. You get your fair share of kooks just like any other state. I've been up to Cali, and that place was pretty much a dump, full of insane bums. But then you go to the hills and it's lovely.
Every states the same. Ups and downs, swings and roundabouts.
Some people don't form their opinions and go see for themselves. They rather believe anything someone tells them run with that. What a life they must lead.

Same Florida residents that were quick to poke fun at Ohio back when it was the armpit of America are feeling butthurt now because Florida is getting exposed for its backward culture.

Just move and you won't feel bad anymore. I hear there's and oil boom going on in North Dakota that would be a nice upgrade.

I live in Northern VA btw.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom