Florida high-schooler has thrown 4 straight no-hitters. Vol. Hope I didn't jinx him

[h3]High schooler throws fourth straight no-no[/h3]
Florida senior strikes out 60 batters during stretch

Patrick Schuster isn't a Major Leaguer but he's been pulling off one big league feat after another.

Schuster, a high school senior in a suburb of Tampa, Fla., pitched his fourth straight no-hitter Monday night, leading his Mitchell High team to a 5-0 win over rival Pasco with 17 strikeouts, according to The Associated Press.

"I never thought this would happen," Schuster told the AP. "I'm just having so much fun right now."

Schuster has thrown no-hitters in each of his four starts since April 3 and has struck out 60 batters in the games. He has improved his record to 7-0, and his team is 19-3.

Schuster has a fastball that has been clocked at more than 90 mph and plans to play at the University of Florida next year.

In the meantime, he's still got two more no-hitters to throw to match the high school record of six straight.

6a00d83451b05569e201156e559eec970c-500pi

a guy from my high school pitched two perfect games in less than two weeks earlier this season.

props to this guy though

I was watching MLB Networks' Prime 9 and the episode I caught was talking about Johnny Vander Meer's 2 no-hitters in a row. I forgot who theyinterviewed but that person said that no one will ever outshine Vander Meer. He said "no one will ever pitch 3 straight no-hitters... I don't care whoyou are." I know Patrick Schuster's streak is against high schoolers, but still, it's an amazing feat. Congrats to the dude...

... and R.I.P. to his streak.
laugh.gif

Doesn't this happen relatively often at the high-school level? I don't know about four in a row, but no hitters aren't nearly as rare, if I'mnot mistaken. Some girl at my high school pitched like 10 perfect games in a fast-pitch softball season.
eek.gif
Ended up going to Notre Dame.

i saw this on sc. I was drunk and incoherent so i couldnt understand. All i remember him saying is "i cant take it, i cant take it". The !+#+ is hetalking about.

yes your right, the world revolves around you and because you brought it up, his streak will end. you are that important.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I knew it was coming.

what? this:

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Well RIP to his arm

sick.gif

because honest to god, when i saw the pic....i almost said something about Osh Kosh...

and @$!+ this dude's streak...he's going to Florida.

Originally Posted by tmoney85

yes your right, the world revolves around you and because you brought it up, his streak will end. you are that important.
you're lost.

4 in a row = unbelievable

record 6 in a row =
smokin.gif

hopefully he can do it, it'd be nice to see..........

Back
Top Bottom