Flyknit Chukka Thread

What is the consensus on sizing for the fsbs? I'm a 12 in all other chukkas. So do I go .5 or full size down? Any help would be appreciated.
i don't have them but pretty sure everyone will recommend a full size down

I gave in and bought midnight fogs from RIF LA for $180.  Tax was 16 shipping was 15 so I paid about $211 total.  

What is the consensus on sizing for the fsbs? I'm a 12 in all other chukkas. So do I go .5 or full size down? Any help would be appreciated.

I concur, one full size down.

I saw your earlier post about buying a W9 FSB and them being too big... A W9 translates to 26cm, equivalent to a M8. You also mentioned you were an 8 in Chukkas. That said, what size would you wear in other Nikes? Dunks maybe. Im tts 8.5 and I can't imagine having to downsize to 7.5. From they way everyone is talking about these, I feel like I'd be swimming in an 8.5.

I saw your earlier post about buying a W9 FSB and them being too big... A W9 translates to 26cm, equivalent to a M8. You also mentioned you were an 8 in Chukkas. That said, what size would you wear in other Nikes? Dunks maybe. Im tts 8.5 and I can't imagine having to downsize to 7.5. From they way everyone is talking about these, I feel like I'd be swimming in an 8.5.
I'm an 8 in chukkas, 8.5 in FK Trainers, Lunar 1s and Roshes. No dunks unfortunately.

My assumption is that conversion from men to women is 1.5 sizes; i.e W9 = M7.5 which is .5 size down from my chukka size of 8. Found this to be .5 size too big still.

Hence a W8.5 = M7 is required which is 1 full size down.

If you do get an M8.5, you will definitely be swimming. In an olympic-sized pool at that.

Flyknit lunar 1s, chukkas and roshes in 9, dunks in 8.5.

I got 8.5 in the fsbs but I could ikely have done an 8

Picked up these samples (had to black out the tongue and tab on back). They are as close as I can get to a chukka low. I guess at some point nike did plan on making the lunar flyknit with this sole. I
Nike did release Flyknits with that sole.... HTM trainers.

Last edited:
I know, I have a pair. The average joe couldn't get them Though
The average joe could care less about them
laugh.gif

FSBs have really grown on me, you guys think they'd make good trail running/hiking shoes?  Also, do I have a chance of copping em for 120ish again or is time to just grab  one off ebay? (kicking myself for not jumping on that END deal)

FSBs have really grown on me, you guys think they'd make good trail running/hiking shoes?  Also, do I have a chance of copping em for 120ish again or is time to just grab  one off ebay? (kicking myself for not jumping on that END deal)

possibly. check your local spot. One near me marked it down to $125 I think

i'm curious now too if anyone use the fsb for hiking. i bought them and don't see myself wearing them much if at all on regular basis. i would use them for small hikes if they are good for it.

also did anyone got free shipping for the university red chukka from ontario mills outlet? my charge just posted and it's $129.xx. that doesn't really make sense since tax alone will make it over $130. was there an extra discount on the $120 price?

Last edited:
The FSB sole is similar (possibly the exact same) to the Dunk High ACGs and military boot so they definitely qualify as a hiking shoe. I've worn them for casual rounds of golf which is somewhat similar to hiking and love em. They're super comfortable and have a perfect fit. The bright sole looks good dirty and scuffed up. I'm dying for some more FSBs colorways, rather than those Air Max Lunars or 5.0 Frees (although that black/gold free model will be copped). 

Can't speak on whether they'll make good trail running shoes though. The wool lining might get super hot too and the high, unpadded heel might cause some irritation. 

Don't forget to check the bay as well. Sort from lowest price to highest and who knows. I just got my pair for 125 shipped.

Back
Top Bottom