Flyknit Chukka Thread

Got the orange in my size for $63 after $10 off coupon plus tax... can't wait. Haven't tried these on or seen them much in stores but love my flyknit 1s in multiple colors. A youtube video of the orange with volt hits sold me, fingers crossed my pair looks nice!

I'm assuming you got the FNL deal?

Anyone know of any good cyber Monday deals for game royal frees (8.5/9US)? Footaction/Eastbay/Footlocker all have the exact same 20% off deal but I'm still not sold at that price

Yeah they don't have a percentage off deal but free shipping and you can find $10 off $60 or $20 off $100.

Got the orange in my size for $63 after $10 off coupon plus tax... can't wait. Haven't tried these on or seen them much in stores but love my flyknit 1s in multiple colors. A youtube video of the orange with volt hits sold me, fingers crossed my pair looks nice!
I have the orange / volt frees, and they are definitely a favorite pair. I was surprised at how great they look in person. You'll love them.

So I finally bought a pair of the Free Chukkas, and while they're dope, I'm not feeling the off center toecap piece. I didn't really notice it while trying them on in the store, but that off center piece makes the toebox immediately next to it crease like no other.

I'm not one of those crease nazis that wears Force Fields or anything like that, but the design could've been better IMO. No reason that the material should be all wrinkled if I'm just standing there not even moving. Guess I'll continue hunting pairs of the Lunars.

So I finally bought a pair of the Free Chukkas, and while they're dope, I'm not feeling the off center toecap piece. I didn't really notice it while trying them on in the store, but that off center piece makes the toebox immediately next to it crease like no other.

I'm not one of those crease nazis that wears Force Fields or anything like that, but the design could've been better IMO. No reason that the material should be all wrinkled if I'm just standing there not even moving. Guess I'll continue hunting pairs of the Lunars.
I agree, the creases are really annoying, I also get them with my Lunars though. They just show up in different spots.

The best way to deal with the creases is to stuff the toe box firmly with the tissue paper inserts the shoe comes with. Then take a clothes iron, set it on the lightest steam setting. Now, this next step is very important because the knit fabric is synthetic and can be melted/damaged by high heat: you need to take a terry cloth towel, like a washcloth or something of that nature, lay it over the shoe in the area where the crease is, and do quick passes on top of the terry cloth with the iron while it is steaming, using very very light pressure. Definitely do quick passes, you don't have to be paranoid, but you must keep moving, even if you go slowish. Do not hold it in place or you might damage the shoe, just like if you try to steam iron a poly-blend shirt.

I've used this technique on several pairs of chukkas and it works great for the toe box, it removes all creases and gives the toe box a better shape IMO. I first did it because a few of my pairs arrived with strange hard creases around the outside of the toe boxes. BTW, You must to have the tissue paper, or a something, stuffed in the toe box in order for the steaming to give the flyknit a shape to conform to.

Last edited:
Looking for some help locating some Flyknit Chukka SFB/FSB (not sure what the right letters are).  These seem hard to find as they are dead stock I assume.  I have someone who is going to be in NYC this week and was wondering if the huge nike store might have some.  Looking for a 10.5 since i hear they run half a size small and that seems to be a pretty popular size.  I know there are still some in orange on the nike usa site but only limited sizes left.  I was able to find some on the nike store site for some random european countries but would prefer to buy here if possible.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Everyone says to go down 1/2 a size when getting these, but since I'm a 14 there is no half a size down. Should I stick with the 14 or go for a 13? Finishline has that deal and I don't want to lose out on it.

Everyone says to go down 1/2 a size when getting these, but since I'm a 14 there is no half a size down. Should I stick with the 14 or go for a 13? Finishline has that deal and I don't want to lose out on it.
I wear a 14 too and would stick w 14 if i were you

On fsb's I went a full size down no problem lunar I go half if that helps

I went a full size down for the SFB/FSB's and it's the exact same fit as the lunar chukkas.

DEF recommend an ENTIRE size down. I wear an 8US in everything and the 7 US fit perfect on the Orginal FSB pair (black/volt)...

Love them. Got my normal size 13 and thought they were slightly big at first but after walking around inside for a few minutes I realized they fit perfect. Insanely light as mentioned by others. Loving the bright orange mixed with volt.
View media item 1289399

I agree, the creases are really annoying, I also get them with my Lunars though. They just show up in different spots.

The best way to deal with the creases is to stuff the toe box firmly with the tissue paper inserts the shoe comes with. Then take a clothes iron, set it on the lightest steam setting. Now, this next step is very important because the knit fabric is synthetic and can be melted/damaged by high heat: you need to take a terry cloth towel, like a washcloth or something of that nature, lay it over the shoe in the area where the crease is, and do quick passes on top of the terry cloth with the iron while it is steaming, using very very light pressure. Definitely do quick passes, you don't have to be paranoid, but you must keep moving, even if you go slowish. Do not hold it in place or you might damage the shoe, just like if you try to steam iron a poly-blend shirt.

I've used this technique on several pairs of chukkas and it works great for the toe box, it removes all creases and gives the toe box a better shape IMO. I first did it because a few of my pairs arrived with strange hard creases around the outside of the toe boxes. BTW, You must to have the tissue paper, or a something, stuffed in the toe box in order for the steaming to give the flyknit a shape to conform to.

Yeah man, if I have to do all that I'm just not going to wear the shoe lol. That's why I took em back yesterday...I knew they'd sit in my closet because I'd always be looking for that funky creasing. Haven't noticed it as much on the Lunars though.

Yeah man, if I have to do all that I'm just not going to wear the shoe lol. That's why I took em back yesterday...I knew they'd sit in my closet because I'd always be looking for that funky creasing. Haven't noticed it as much on the Lunars though.
My flyknit lunar 1s are creased to hell because I ran in them. Heat and sweat make the flyknit material form to your foot.  If you remember when flyknit first came out Nike stores had steam machines that would heat the shoe then you'd put them on and it would form to your foot giving you a perfect fit.

I understand why this might be annoying if you like you're shoes looking brand new and you're super careful with them. Like the other poster said you can always try to steam them and shove towels or paper in them to form them back to stock instead of you're own foot.

If you guys had to keep one: night factors or midnight fogs?
recently picked up the night factors. love how the color pops. for me, makes the flyknit stand out more than say, the midnight fogs...

Personally, I'd keep the Night Factors because the Flyknit on them is much more noticeable. You can really appreciate how the blend looks up close and afar.

I think the Fogs have a higher market value than the NFs, so you can get another neutral based shoe to replace it or far less than the cost of a Flyknit. :smile:

Last edited:
These look dope... I just ordered a pair of the medal stands... I ordered a .5 size down.. Hope they don't point out at the toe too much...

What's this banana toe thing I read about earlier? I ordered a pair of the black and volt lunar chukka in my reg size, I hope I won't have that problem with them.

Do the "SFB" flyknit chukkas (Sage, White, Orange) have a different sole (Special Field Boot) than the other colors (FSB's?)?  Are the SFB versions made out of different materials (Wool) than the FSB's?

Back
Top Bottom