Flyknit Chukka Thread

I like these better than the black pair
I love those as well.  Question for you though... Do you feel like your shoe laces are going to cut through the flywire?  My pair of the olives has these laces that seem super stiff and abrasive.  My other pairs of the FSBs do not have this lace characteristic. 

I love those as well.  Question for you though... Do you feel like your shoe laces are going to cut through the flywire?  My pair of the olives has these laces that seem super stiff and abrasive.  My other pairs of the FSBs do not have this lace characteristic. 

Oh yeah definitely. The 3m they weaved into the laces makes them very abrasive and the flywire at the top eyelets are a little frayed already because of that.

Unexpectedly going on a rainy vacation this weekend (CA --> OR), there anywhere you can still cop FSB's or ACG's (except the lupinek, the raised triangles look so 90's)?

Agreed man. I wish I had copped a few more pairs. The ones I want of course go over retail on the bay at this point, even worn.

Only own one pair and kinda fiending for more recently.
Hopefully you'll add a few more to your rotation. Just be patient and hopefully something will pop on eBay

Anyone use the FSB to actually hike on trails?  How do they perform compared to other hiking shoes?  

Anyone use the FSB to actually hike on trails?  How do they perform compared to other hiking shoes?  
I've taken them on trails.  The bottoms are pretty good for grip, but depending on how rugged the trails are, they have their drawbacks.  They don't have a rock plate, so if you step on some rocks or small tree stumps (and especially with a heavy pack on), you will feel those bumps in your feet.  They often get stones wedged between the spaces of the free-like sole.  Also, when it comes to rocky areas, or if you wedge your foot in some rocks, your ankles will get lit up from the rock surfaces... my other dedicated hiking boots have cushioning near the ankle to prevent knocking the bone onto rocks.  

Bottom line, for casual hikes, they are certainly useable... but for long sustained and more rugged hikes, I would look elsewhere.  

What's the going rate for Flyknit Chukka Squadron Blue in size 11.5, literally worn once and could pass as new?

Grabbed the anthracite FSB chukka off a highly rated seller on ebay for $155 shipped. was a little disappointed when i pulled them out of the box and realized they just came with regular black laces as opposed to the 3M ones. they look a bit plain in normal lighting but when the iridescent portions light up its 8). as far as being "winterized"......nah. just biked into work while wearing them and my toes are still cold a half hour later. couldnt imagine these holding up too well in snow. still a cool looking sneaker regardless

Grabbed the anthracite FSB chukka off a highly rated seller on ebay for $155 shipped. was a little disappointed when i pulled them out of the box and realized they just came with regular black laces as opposed to the 3M ones. they look a bit plain in normal lighting but when the iridescent portions light up its 8). as far as being "winterized"......nah. just biked into work while wearing them and my toes are still cold a half hour later. couldnt imagine these holding up too well in snow. still a cool looking sneaker regardless

The whole winterized thing is a joke. I wear them in the winter, but my feet are usually in an airplane or in a car.... If I had to wear them outside for extended periods, my air max 95 are much better at keeping my feet warm.

Back
Top Bottom