FML --*Rutgers*REJECTED*Rutgers*-- Anyone have experience in late applications?

Uhhhh, I don't even want to get into it, but my @$+@@@% applied to only 2 schools and got rejected for one and waitlisted for another
frown.gif

I shouldn't say I'm surprised with a 2.7 gpa and a couple F's on my transcript. Damnit though, I just don't know what to do from here. Doesanyone have any experience here? How about filing a late application?

I already KNOW I need to step my game up in the classroom, but I need to get the chance first.

forgot to mention I'm coming from a CC
frown.gif
embarassed.gif
frown.gif

Your situation is kind of similar to what mine was, only applied to UMD and UMBC (mad late). Got waitlisted for College Park and got accepted into UMBC liketwo weeks before graduation. Thank goodness for affirmative action.

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

Your situation is kind of similar to what mine was, only applied to UMD and UMBC (mad late). Got waitlisted for College Park and got accepted into UMBC like two weeks before graduation. Thank goodness for affirmative action.
roll.gif
tired.gif
That's sad dawg. There is no explanation for you to be that college.

Your situation is kind of similar to what mine was, only applied to UMD and UMBC (mad late). Got waitlisted for College Park and got accepted into UMBC like two weeks before graduation. Thank goodness for affirmative action.
the truth has been spoken

I don't get why you didn't step you game up when you went to CC... that's the time to do it.

keep applying.. find out what schools in your area (and beyond) that have rolling admissions

yea cc is that time to "step your game up" looks like you had the chance....and dropped the ball

you got Fs at community college...?

you should have stepped your game up two years ago man. look into rolling admissions but you might want to take a year off and reassess if school's foryou.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

roll.gif
tired.gif

laugh.gif
, it's not like I had a 1.5 or anything, I had decent grades, agreat essay and above-average SAT scores. And I haven't flunked out yet, so they were pretty cool for accepting me.

was that for new brunswick? if anything. try to get into Newark or camden, do well, and try to transfer in a year. other than that. i dont know.

Yea, it was for New Brunswick. I'm going to have an admissions counselor call me in a couple days and give me some further details.

Yea yea, CC was supposed to be where I step my game up, but step it up from what? I went to CC straight out of high school. I wanted to use CC as a sort ofgauge to what I can expect from a University. No excuses though, and I can only hope to get into another school very soon.

but step it up from what?
your HS performance.

College is what you make of it... you have to realize that you're paying for your education when you go to college. Slacking off and getting F's isjust cheating yourself and wasting your own money

Dam that sucks
laugh.gif
but I gueesed ima lil biased cause I go to a rival school

*SIG CHECK*

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

roll.gif
tired.gif
lol @ UMBC... when i was in HS, people called it "U Must Be Chinese"
laugh.gif

Rodney, are you gonna transfer? it seems like a lot of people do.

Back
Top Bottom