FML Tomorrow's College Graduation Ceremony

I just learned that my college graduation tomorrow might be cancelled due to Swine Flu threats. According to a statement released thismorning by our Chancellor, "The CDC's Swine Flu threat level for our area is now at 5, with 6 being the maximum."

To make a long story short, if it reaches 6 by 8pm tonight, tomorrow's ceremony is cancelled. Something about the Flu's ability to spread through largenumbers of people. (600 grads x 8 family members per = 4,800)

This sucks.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

media hype...
That's how they sell papers and get people to watch. Disgusting if you ask me.
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]The media loves pouring fear down our throats...[/color]

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

media hype.
seriously, i mean bird flu, sars, swine flu? how many people have died from swine flu in the states? last i heard 26? man in the last 10 secondsit took to type this post 100 people died from smoking cigs. people die son all the time 26 out of 10s of millions? holler at me when about 2k people drop deadfrom swine flu and ill be worried.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

I feel bad for ya.

your ceremony's gonna be moved to a later date I guess? they should.
Nah, if it's cancelled then our diplomas will just be mailed at a later date. They said rescheduling is "out of thequestion."

I got family coming down too, I've already called and told them the bad news.

Back
Top Bottom