FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
Pair from Goat came.....
View media item 2453320
With some pretty noticeable dents in the upper. Debating whether to live with them or contact Goat. At least it doesn't have a piece of the upper missing like my Foot Locker pair.

May not seem noticeable in pictures but they stick out like a sore thumb in person.
dents in my ndc pair... oh,well. If i complain i may get a discount coupon.

I used to work in the plastic industry for 11 years, was an operator. The operator is suppose to clean out the mold. The imperfections ya see on the shells of most foams are from the operating not cleaning out the mold before/during/between run of the line. Nike never been about their master or individual specifications. Or quality otherwise, they're all about pushing it out into a nike box

Last edited:
I used to work in the plastic industry for 11 years, was an operator. The operator is suppose to clean out the mold. The imperfections ya see on the shells of most foams are from the operating not cleaning out the mold before/during/between run of the line. Nike never been about their master or individual specifications. Or quality otherwise, they're all about pushing it out into a nike box

Used to be much better when they were produced in Taiwan. Things definitely slipped when production shifted to China for foams.

I got a feeling the eggplants might zoom off shelves in the Denver metro area cause of the rockies doing pretty good but we will see when that day comes

Ive been working in the plastic industry for the last 19yrs... And i have to disagree with you, any debris will come out the mold on with the first set of bottles or shoe shells... Those dimples come from the molds themselves, air pockets or tiny water bubbles. Because the molds are cold in a blowmolding process, because the material is hot. Once low pressure air hits the plastic it expands into the mold cavity.. It was a video around yrs ago showing the process, its the same thing i do 4 days a week.....

Ive been working in the plastic industry for the last 19yrs... And i have to disagree with you, any debris will come out the mold on with the first set of bottles or shoe shells... Those dimples come from the molds themselves, air pockets or tiny water bubbles. Because the molds are cold in a blowmolding process, because the material is hot. Once low pressure air hits the plastic it expands into the mold cavity.. It was a video around yrs ago showing the process, its the same thing i do 4 days a week.....

Uncle Crete :nthat:

Last edited:
I wonder how hard the eggplants are going to be to get. Need those to close out my foam addiction for 2017.

am i the only one who has no idea what the plastic workers are talking about
laugh.gif
Most of the world have no idea about it thats why i make a pretty good living, its not something you can learn in 2 weeks

Here's a vid to give you an idea of the process

Lol. Brah if it came from the mold tool itself, wouldnt every pair have that defect that brah showed im pic above pic!? My pair doesnt have the defect he showed which means in turned there debris im the mold. Believe what you want tho. From experience and knowledge working for one of the biggest thermoformers in the country to injection molding. Do I need to post my resume? Otherwise back to the thread subject.

Last edited:

Lol. Brah if it came from the mold tool itself, wouldnt every pair have that defect that brah showed im pic above pic!? My pair doesnt have the defect he showed which means in turned there debris im the mold. Believe what you want tho. From experience and knowledge working for one of the biggest thermoformers in the country to injection molding. Do I need to post my resume? Otherwise back to the thread subject.

Honestly it's obvious that there is more than 1 mold use per size. I've had the same shoe same size in multiples and have seen inconsistencies in more than just pitting. The height of the grooves and the depth has been different on the same size.

Back
Top Bottom