FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
father son combo. love the subtle orange accents, canvas and textured upper.

Attachments

• IMG-6692.JPG
    IMG-6692.JPG
    308 KB · Views: 54
How many different incarnations of neon royals are there?

I count og’s, hoh, 2011, sharpies, 2017. Am I missing anything?

Ok calling all foam customizers, HELP!!!!!
20180823_114327.jpg

Prep, i washed, acetoned like the 2 tutorials i watched said
20180823_124403.jpg

First coat
20180823_162048.jpg
2nd coat and first coat comparison
20180823_212451.jpg

Third coat, its still drying pink despite the red angelous paint and the brush strokes are extremly visible still, anyone with pointers or can tell me what I'm doing wrong bcuz I'm following these videos but mine aren't coming out the same

It seems like it doesn't even pay to cop Foams at retail anymore as they tend to sit for discount. I might try my luck with this strategy for the Habaneros joints.

Pretty much. I dont know what happen, but Foams are dead to all the other " sneaker heads" now a days. I love foams. Still happy I was able to pick up the OG Royal 2017 foams a couple months back on JimmyJazz for like $150ish shipped lol.

20180823_114327.jpg

20180823_124403.jpg

First coat
20180823_162048.jpg
20180823_212451.jpg

Third coat, its still drying pink despite the red angelous paint and the brush strokes are extremly visible still, anyone with pointers or can tell me what I'm doing wrong bcuz I'm following these videos but mine aren't coming out the same

are u using the same base foamposite as the tutorials youre watching? are you using the exact same products theyre using in the tutorial? same color? below is right off the angelusdirect site for prepping foams. did u use adhesion promoter? sounds like that would help hold the color better so it wont dry pink.

below is right off the angelusdirect site for prepping foams. did u use adhesion promoter? sounds like that would help hold the color better so it wont dry pink.

its like painting a white wall red. if you dont use primer first, youre gonna get a pink hue and brush strokes will show.

foamprep.JPG

Last edited:
are u using the same base foamposite as the tutorials youre watching? are you using the exact same products theyre using in the tutorial? same color? below is right off the angelusdirect site for prepping foams. did u use adhesion promoter? sounds like that would help hold the color better so it wont dry pink.

foamprep.JPG

yeah i def didnt do that also no used a diff base shoe and color paint, thank you for the info i feel a little less frustrated now

yeah i def didnt do that also no used a diff base shoe and color paint, thank you for the info i feel a little less frustrated now

no problem. i edited my post. def sounds like adhesion promoter would probably solve your issue. the sanding down part sounds sketch. dont know how that would turn out lol

no problem. i edited my post. def sounds like adhesion promoter would probably solve your issue. the sanding down part sounds sketch. dont know how that would turn out lol

in the tutorials i saw they said wash the shoe, then acetone the shoe and that the acetone makes the paint stick, i think the biggest issues is that the paint is too watery, so it shows every brush stroke and and dries very light, even after 3 coats

20180823_114327.jpg

20180823_124403.jpg

First coat
20180823_162048.jpg
20180823_212451.jpg

It may be the brush your using.

in the tutorials i saw they said wash the shoe, then acetone the shoe and that the acetone makes the paint stick, i think the biggest issues is that the paint is too watery, so it shows every brush stroke and and dries very light, even after 3 coats

angelus products r usally good. so if you bought red from them, it shouldnt come out not that color if done properly im assuming. def strip that pink off with the acetone, apply the 3 coats of adhesion promoter, and then repaint with the angelus.

Painting Tip #4- Painting techniques that help eliminate brush strokes
  • Don’t press too hard on the brush. If the brush fibers start to fan out, you are pressing too hard.
  • Paint in the details and then smooth over.
  • Going back over semi dry paint will cause ripples. If you miss a spot or made a mistake, smooth it with sandpaper when dry and the next coat will fix it.
  • You want to apply a thin coat, but don’t “stretch” the paint on the brush. Reload often.
  • Always paint in one direction.

let us know how it turns out after that

Pretty much. I dont know what happen, but Foams are dead to all the other " sneaker heads" now a days. I love foams. Still happy I was able to pick up the OG Royal 2017 foams a couple months back on JimmyJazz for like $150ish shipped lol.

I've noticed this too, makes me happy because now I don't need to rely on SNKRS to cop anymore. We are reapproaching the days of strolling in and copping whenever we feel like again. Let them scramble for whatever it is they are copping and we can eat in peace while saving money.

Legion Green foams on JJ for $134.95 Plus shipping. Code: BTS2018. I'm tempted......cop up guys lol

Update: Caved in. $142.90 out the door.....I really like this colorway a lot. Can't beat that price for a pair of foams!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom