FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
I remember those came out around the time the White/black Jordan 13’s came out. Maybe a week or so apart. I remember looking at these foams at Athletes Foot and was still shocked that they were $170, which was $20 more then the 13’s that year.
My gf at the time wanted to get me kicks for Christmas. It was the Foam Pros or the 13s. Chose the Foams. Didn’t even think twice. She had to get Champs to ship em in from another city. Lol.

I still got em somewhere in my closet. Too scared to take them out of the box. 😭

Timmy in foams was dope.
Being a Spurs fan and foamposite fan this always made me glad
1699152554479.jpeg

Even penny said the Foamposites were originally supposed to be pippens shoe... Pippen didn't like them, they showed them to penny and he loved em... I saw a interview with a old Nike rep to confirm this story...

We know pippen be lying but Penny did mention it as well....

since I am old I do remember Scottie wearing the Pearl foam pros but it wasn’t for very long. I also worked at the athletes foot and remember the product description for the pros in the Nike catalog mentioning Scottie.

If it happened there would surely be a pic somewhere I feel like

This is where I’m at after all these years too…I’m an old head too, been on NT since 2001, 2002 with this name…For as many times as the topic has come up nobody has ever been able to provide a pic or a video of him wearing them 🤷‍♂️…It’s almost always along the lines of somebody remembering that they saw him wear them…Still yet nothing…

Pippen did have a tendency to wear a bunch of different models throughout a season, even when he had his own sig line…Some of the pics from the 1997-1998 season I was able to find was of him wearing these…

IMG_3252.jpeg
IMG_3253.jpeg

It’s not out of the realm of believability to think that someone watching on an old 10 inch fuzzy non HD TV and thinking that maybe he was wearing Foamposite’s…Especially with SLAM, one of the only publications that was for sneakerheads at the time, running that blurb that the Foam Pro’s were his…As it stands, until somebody can find a pic or a video, I don’t believe he ever wore them…

I remember that the Pearl Pros were made with him in mind hence the pinky/red accents but he didnt find them comfortable.

If this is true he probably only wore them at practice not in an actual game.

NT Archives :nthat:…This has been a discussion from further back than even this…Never any pics or videos…At this point, with how many times it’s come up, I’m in see it to believe it territory…Never say never obviously but I need to see it…

As far as them being Pip’s shoe initially? I think there’s enough out there to indicate that was probably the case…Somebody just needs to get Eric Avar to speak on it…

They might have had these in mind for PIP early, but the Pippen 2 was also ready for the start of the 97-98 season, and so was the Penny 3 which had the foam wing. Because of this, I’m led to believe it was early on that the focus switched from PIP to Penny. My guess would be during the summer of 1996, the Pippen 1 would’ve been in production already and they would still have time to do the Pippen 2 for the following season.

This is where I’m at after all these years too…I’m an old head too, been on NT since 2001, 2002 with this name…For as many times as the topic has come up nobody has ever been able to provide a pic or a video of him wearing them 🤷‍♂️…It’s almost always along the lines of somebody remembering that they saw him wear them…Still yet nothing…

Pippen did have a tendency to wear a bunch of different models throughout a season, even when he had his own sig line…Some of the pics from the 1997-1998 season I was able to find was of him wearing these…

IMG_3252.jpeg
IMG_3253.jpeg

It’s not out of the realm of believability to think that someone watching on an old 10 inch fuzzy non HD TV and thinking that maybe he was wearing Foamposite’s…Especially with SLAM, one of the only publications that was for sneakerheads at the time, running that blurb that the Foam Pro’s were his…As it stands, until somebody can find a pic or a video, I don’t believe he ever wore them…

Yeah, I was probably remembering seeing the samples and thinking he must’ve worn them.

Back
Top Bottom