FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
The only difference I can really find is the penny logo on the outsole. It’s like a dark grey on the retro pair

6E0A7228-F0A8-48B3-AF12-8ECCFF2BABEB.jpeg

63A5E48B-36E5-49EA-892C-78EA8E5E5E27.jpeg

The uppers seemed like a deeper black than the previous release to me as well. Do you see that or seem like a match?
Stronger/deeper cuts on the upper compared to Foam Ones released a few years ago, but I could just be excited!

The uppers seemed like a deeper black than the previous release to me as well. Do you see that or seem like a match?
Stronger/deeper cuts on the upper compared to Foam Ones released a few years ago, but I could just be excited!
Shallow ridges ruins the shoe imo
These are 💰

OG's and OG Foams in general have a higher build so that's another difference. If you look at the pic above you can see what I am saying. A KEY thing with Foams is the ridges and when you look at the first ridge coming from the back that rides the lateral side, OG's have a full ridge that curves freely into a point. With newer Foams, that same ridge runs right into the outer sock liner.

I have hated that for years.. the only Foams that hold on to that from the OG are mostly before 2009.

Last edited:
Yep! Not many people would ever notice that. There are differences in the molds used on each pair obviously, but for today’s average NTer, the different color penny logo may be the only thing they’d point out. Also the outsoles on these are a bit more translucent than the OG as well. If you take a flashlight to the OG, some light gets in, but on the new one more light does travel further into the outsole. But regardless, Nike didn’t mess with the shoe for the most part. So I’m happy. Will grab another pair soon

OG's and OG's Foams in general have a higher build so that's another difference. If you look at the pic above you can see what I am saying. A KEY thing with Foams is the ridges and when you look at the first ridge coming from the back that rides the lateral side, OG's have a full ridge that curves freely into a point. With newer Foams, that same ridge runs right into the outer sock liner.

I have hated that for years.. the only Foams that hold on to that from the OG are mostly before 2009.

That's an excellent observation! The sockliner looks overall wider in that area, which conflicts with that intended ridge. Why the heck would they do that? Seems like an obvious design flaw in the new mold. Why not just narrow that area to provide the correct space....Oh, right....it's Nike....."oops...the ridge doesn't fit....oh well, no time to re-do all those design and manufacturing instructions/molds....oh well....".

Anthracite

Thanks to homie who posted MajorDC was able to help my cousins out with that 9.5 & 10! Bless u brother

Np man.. I'm honestly surprised that they're still sitting. The shop has only been open for appointments though, so they must not be getting the usual traffic, even for something so DMV like these foams.

Back
Top Bottom