FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
Wtf is a carryover

Also wasnt it mentioned that the anthras releasing this year will have something different

Like a clear outsole or some ish

If the variance is that the stealth pair drops than I'm all in for a pair. Even if they end up being regular anthracites I'll go for them. Shouldn't have skipped the 2020 release.

Omg a rumor was disparaged

cover12.jpg

I was going into 6th grade and wanted these shoes so bad. Mom was going for it at the time because of the 180 price tag. She knew penny was my favorite player at the time - had all his jerseys, penny 2s and 3s, cards, starting lineups, couple Lil’ Penny dolls lol - broke down and said ok let’s get them.

By the time that happened, my size was sold out all over Houston. We even went on vacation to San Antonio to see the river walk and Alamo and looked all over there for a pair and nothing. Was so devastated lol.

The Foamposite One wasn't easy to get back in 1997 despite them sitting in stores. The $180 price was the primary reason for them not being affordable for a lot of people, effectively making them sit. They were eventually unavailable in stores as time progressed by the time it seemed attainable for the ones who wanted them.

I definitely wanted them when they came out. But I wasn't going to spend $180 in some shoes. They were gone later that year by the time I figured out how to get them cheap with methods I plotted out.

I've got a mental dilemma. Got the Anthracites in 2020. First foam. Absolutely think they look amazing, (though on foot not sure the low lace toe box looks good?), but have yet to wear them for some reason. And I don't keep shoes DS. Sometimes it takes me some time to get to diff pairs, but I always acquire to wear.

Question is whether I'm ultimately going to wear these; if not I'm thinking now is the time to offload before the 2023 version launches as they look identical from what I can tell. i.e. The 2020 version won't be desirable after the launch, and the price of these now is certainly worth offloading if I'm never going to get to these.

BUT, something in my mind tells me I NEED to have at least one foam in the collection, and I'll eventually get to wearing them. Hmm....

Keep them if you’re thinking you’ll NEED the anthracites. If you’re eyeing out a different color then sell and get that pair or trade if possible.
Foamposites are amazing. I’m always keeping a pair in rotation

I was going into 6th grade and wanted these shoes so bad. Mom was going for it at the time because of the 180 price tag. She knew penny was my favorite player at the time - had all his jerseys, penny 2s and 3s, cards, starting lineups, couple Lil’ Penny dolls lol - broke down and said ok let’s get them.

By the time that happened, my size was sold out all over Houston. We even went on vacation to San Antonio to see the river walk and Alamo and looked all over there for a pair and nothing. Was so devastated lol.

Literally me in 96 (5th grade) for the Playoff XI's only I got delayed until my bday and the only thing I had at home were the same shoes I rocked to look for em. :lol: Foams? HA! We had a rule growing up-NOTHING over 100.

No poster, no cards, I didn't even own a basketball :lol:

Back
Top Bottom