Foamposite one, worth it to bust up?

I'm wondering if it's worth it to unDS my penny foam ones on the court? They are comfortable but feel kinds heavy. Is it wiser to just wear thesecasually? How much heavier are they compared to say the lebron 3s??

they're just shoes.

posites are pretty durable on-court too.

takes a while to warm them up, but after a couple runs they're good.

They are just shoes.... and a Ferrari is just a car.

If theyre still DS.... keep em fresh and ball in something else

i dont know what you paid for your foam ones, but it was prolly at least 200 right? i think i paid 300 for mine (these releases are tough to find in orlando).anyway, i can't imagine spending that much and NOT wearing them on the court. hell, i've worn my laser IVs on the court.

shoes are meant to be worn! i say un-DS them or whatever and go crazy.

No one can answer that question for you, we can only provide our preferences and opinions. The only way to find out is to try it.

And I would recommend against it. There are cheaper shoes that perform at a high level, they're much more easily obtainable, they look good and youdon't have to worry about beating them into the ground.

Any substantial performance benefits you MIGHT get from playing in Penny Foams doesn't offset the cost imo. In other words, if you by some chance happen tojump a little higher, run a little faster, or land a little softer, it's definitely not worth the extra $ you would have to dish out for a pair of PennyFoams.

but what's the point of dishing out the $ for a pair of penny foams if you aren't going to USE them . . .

i still remember playing in a rec league game in middle school in my first pair of penny foams the day they came out in '97.

basketball shoes are meant to be worn on the court. that is half the beauty of them.

WEAR YOUR SHOES PEOPLE!

If you want to snap necks on the court, then play in them. Otherwise, you can get better performing shoes for less money these days.

I completely agree that he should wear them, but if the question is whether he should break them out on court, I'd say no.

The fact that he is even questioning it already answers the question.

Someone who picks them up for playing ball in mind, that's a different story. But someone who's on the fence and isn't sure, I would say why riskit?

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

They are just shoes.... and a Ferrari is just a car.

If theyre still DS.... keep em fresh and ball in something else

and i want to use the ferrari, not just keep them lying around.. if im not going to use it id rather stare at the money i used to buy it

Actually I came up on them for a good price. One of the employees of a LiveStock store in Vancouver (it's kinda like Goodfoot) was selling his DS pair onCraigslist for 180 CAD. I decided I'm just gonna wear them casually. I've jumped around in them at home and they really don't feel like they wouldoutperform ZK4s or any present day performance shoe. Half the people I hoop with don't even know what Foams are so I won't be snapping any necks either
laugh.gif
Thanks for all the input guys, this was a tough decision.

Back
Top Bottom