Foamposites feel like boots..

imo once you break them in they dont feel so bad, that stiffness they have when they are brand new is terrible, its hard to be fresh when you hurting inside... my 09 eggs feel like slippers... does anyone know how much they actually weigh?

Originally Posted by Rod301

555fresh wrote:

I have some foams and one of the guys I work with was telling me that he worked at a shoe store when he was in high school (when og's came out). He said the technology of Foams was for it to "Mold" to your foot. I had never heard that before. Any of you guys?

Thats The Purpose Of The Foam Material... The Heat That Comes From Your Foot When You Ball/Walk Is Sposed To Soften The Foam An Its Sposed To Conform To The Shape Of Your Foot.

eek.gif
that's an interesting note... I never heard that before, although I did hear that the Foam material was supposed to be stain/dirt resistant to help you keep them crispy... this is interesting though I wonder if it really works efficiently and we just don't notice because it's a slow process???

Also, I feel like if you're just rocking these, they should still be light-weight i mean they are made for basketball and I mean if I'm chillin in summer time I dnt want my feet draggin all over the place... feel me????

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

i seriously doubt Nike cares about their shoes staying crispy
laugh.gif

they do if their employing things that improve durability...check out da new scuff proof air force Is

anyone elses pearl foams squeak? i notice it comin from the heel of the shoes

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

i seriously doubt Nike cares about their shoes staying crispy
laugh.gif
they do if their employing things that improve durability...check out da new scuff proof air force Is
i saw those, pretty interesting.....they need to do something about the creasing problem though not the scuffs.

don't really matter to me much, i own one pair of af's and it's the foam joints.

Yea, i ball in my foamz all the time. They are on the heavy side, but i still love to wear them. They are stiff to begin with but once they mold to your feet, boy, are they comfortable.

They may be heavy, but them %%#$$ is comfortable as hell to walk in. I can walk for hours and my feet wont hurt at all.
pimp.gif

They are the official walking sneaker of me

they dont feel heavy to me. i think the shoe molding is gimmicy but i never used them for ball so maybe my feet didnt get hot enough

foams are on the heavy side but need to be that way so they can mold to your feet, when that does happen... one of the most comfortable shoes out imo

Originally Posted by CaddyLac

Originally Posted by jeppprox

Yea mine do, pretty damn annoying.

For both of y'all..
A little baby powder under the insole will manage the squeaking. The squeaking may come back though, so just reapply some more baby powder.

Originally Posted by purplehazen

imo once you break them in they dont feel so bad, that stiffness they have when they are brand new is terrible, its hard to be fresh when you hurting inside... my 09 eggs feel like slippers... does anyone know how much they actually weigh?

Let me get my scale out real quick..
*wipes off a little piff*

Originally Posted by lrredsoxfan06

lmao
pimp.gif
, i never tried to weigh a shoe on mine but not a bad idea

Originally Posted by jumpmanfan1

Originally Posted by Rod301

555fresh wrote:

I have some foams and one of the guys I work with was telling me that he worked at a shoe store when he was in high school (when og's came out). He said the technology of Foams was for it to "Mold" to your foot. I had never heard that before. Any of you guys?

Thats The Purpose Of The Foam Material... The Heat That Comes From Your Foot When You Ball/Walk Is Sposed To Soften The Foam An Its Sposed To Conform To The Shape Of Your Foot.

eek.gif
that's an interesting note... I never heard that before, although I did hear that the Foam material was supposed to be stain/dirt resistant to help you keep them crispy... this is interesting though I wonder if it really works efficiently and we just don't notice because it's a slow process???

Also, I feel like if you're just rocking these, they should still be light-weight i mean they are made for basketball and I mean if I'm chillin in summer time I dnt want my feet draggin all over the place... feel me????
how have you never heard that before? lol

What I do want to know is if the newer pairs can still do this "molding/shaping into your foot" like the originals do.

Originally Posted by lrredsoxfan06

lmfao, you crazy.. according to the price we should have about 14 grams

theyre bulky so that would make em heavy, but they are still officiallll

You gotta have some stick legs if they feel heavy. Go run in some real boots and run in your foams.

Man, the comments in this thread might be some of the dumbest @%!# I've EVER read on Niketalk...

First of all, NO MATTER WHAT YOUR OPINION IS OR WHAT YOU THINK, these are a heavy shoe by Nike Basketball standards, much heavier than most of their product. That's a fact. A FACT. Not an opinion. So stop saying stupid stuff like "oh man go hit the gym, you're so weak if you think these are heavy". I'm not saying I agree with the sentiment that they feel like boots, but they are most definitely a HEAVY Nike Basketball shoe. This is not up for debate in any way, shape, or form.

Then the fools making little comments like "oh lemme go weigh them but first I'll have to wipe the piff off of my scale"... really? I hope you guys are teenagers. That @%!# isn't impressing anyone, and it's not funny either.

And Foamposites = dirt resistant? That's absurd. I've seriously never heard that one. What about the shoe makes it dirt resistant? Especially the lighter color pairs. I can't count the number of times I've had to wipe brown dirt stains off of Royals, Silvers, Pearls, etc..

Originally Posted by jeppprox

I wore my pearls for the 1st time this past weekend it squeaked at the heel i was a little blown because it was only my 1st time wearing them ... had to throw some baby powder in them it was fine after that.... And I think the weight of the shoe is fine even when balling in them i play in my silver/black foam pros from 05 my favorite shoe to play in

Yall wanna talk about somethin heavy....how bout them Foamdomes them things are shonuff TANKS!!! But to the guy above me, them silver joints is 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom