FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

liege_icecream_syrup2.png

A waffle off my food truck, Waffles de Liege.

/shamelessplug

Waffles, you're in la right? Next time I'm out that way I'll check you out. If you're ever coming to Minneapolis or St Paul pm me and I'll let you know where I cook so you can check it out.

:lol: beacon we were selling them for cost and 3 of them still cost 15 bucks. Best prawns I've had in my life though. The dopest part was my chef let us cook them however we wanted. The ones you quoted I saluted with a chicken rub seasoning and mojo sauce. The plate I posted the a grip of them on there I fried and tossed them in a homemade hoison and threw some sriracha on there.

Lets post our kitchens at the crib. I live accross the street from my job so I usually cook up there but I'll post my weak kitchen.

Waffles, you're in la right? Next time I'm out that way I'll check you out. If you're ever coming to Minneapolis or St Paul pm me and I'll let you know where I cook so you can check it out.

:lol: beacon we were selling them for cost and 3 of them still cost 15 bucks. Best prawns I've had in my life though. The dopest part was my chef let us cook them however we wanted. The ones you quoted I saluted with a chicken rub seasoning and mojo sauce. The plate I posted the a grip of them on there I fried and tossed them in a homemade hoison and threw some sriracha on there.

Yes, we're in SoCal (LA/OC). Definitely hit me up and let me know your thoughts on our food and concept.

I was actually in Minneapolis last summer for a short business trip and met a food truck out there called Fork in the Road. They told me business is good out there for trucks, you should consider it.

liege_icecream_syrup2.png

A waffle off my food truck, Waffles de Liege.

/shamelessplug

Dawg you own waffles de liege? **** here..... Your waffle game is :smokin :smokin :smokin.

Haha, thank you brother. I remember reading your previous comments in the introduction thread (under a different username at the time) when you checked us out at Speedzone.

Reactions: Ube
:lol: IDK how I've never noticed this thread before, I am always putting up my meals from restaurants on FB and Instagram and I'll definitely start putting some of em up in here!

My last few dinners... Pan-fried chicken breast with various stuff.

I'll make chicken breast dishes as well when I eat healthy. Can't beat $3-4 for a whole breast and making two meals out of it. :smokin Nice presentation.

Definitely. And thanks (repped), needa go get some more chicken breast for dinner tonight..

Sushi from Nishino's last night.

971ad6a60d1211e2a57122000a1fc2c9_7.jpg

Also, a few recycled instagram posts.

Chinese food
1c133e56cbe211e1985822000a1d011d_7.jpg

e3c58a94db8c11e1bacf1231380f8dc9_7.jpg

Shaved Ice (Wish there was Getshavedice.com truck in WA)
b30baddacb2311e1be6a12313820455d_7.jpg

Fish Tacos
c05368e4c62211e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

Sammich and Latte
51cabdccc4ca11e1a94522000a1e8aaf_7.jpg

Last edited:
I know this thread is geared more towards posting pictures of food, but I wanted to see if we could switch gears for a sec.

What is the single most memorable meal you guys have ever had? It doesnt even have to be a super fancy 3 star michelin type of joint. Just curious if maybe our collective minds could help open some new options for others.

For me, I have two.

#1 - First time eating soup dumplings at Din Tai Fung . First time my wife took me, I was like "you cant be serious... we are driving an hour to go eat friggin dumplings? man we can get dumplings at any chinese spot". Boy I couldnt be more wrong. For you NYC folks, its xialongbao which you can get at places like Joe's Shanghai. Those dumplings are like crack. I can easily put down 25+ in one sitting. For anyone that lives in SoCal, I highly recommend you make the trek for some dumplings. I dont think you will be disappointed.

#2 - Momofuku Ko in NYC. Took the wife to NY for our 1st anniversary and managed to snag a reservation. Just a great all around experience. Since its such a small spot, its great to interact with the chefs as you watch them cook your food right in front of you. The highlight for me with this particular meal was the frozen shaved foie gras dish. In the hallowed words of Mr. Miyagi.... If do right? No can defense. It is out of this world good.

Any world travelers here ever dine at Sukiyabashi Jiro? Ive been told by multiple people that this is a once in lifetime kinda meal. Its hard for me to justify paying $500+ per person for a 20 minute meal, but watching that damn documentary "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" on Netflix has really got me intrigued. I'm headed out to Tokyo at the end of the month, and am trying to justify whether or not I should burn $1,000-1500 on a 20 minute meal, or if that money is better spent making it rain at a strip club ( i kid i kid, the wife will be with me).

^Not at all mojo; in fact, I'd encourage more discussion talks.

I really don't know what my most memorable meal is...Although, I do love my San Tung chicken wings.

Reactions: Ube
I know this thread is geared more towards posting pictures of food, but I wanted to see if we could switch gears for a sec.

What is the single most memorable meal you guys have ever had? It doesnt even have to be a super fancy 3 star michelin type of joint. Just curious if maybe our collective minds could help open some new options for others.

For me, I have two.

#1 - First time eating soup dumplings at Din Tai Fung . First time my wife took me, I was like "you cant be serious... we are driving an hour to go eat friggin dumplings? man we can get dumplings at any chinese spot". Boy I couldnt be more wrong. For you NYC folks, its xialongbao which you can get at places like Joe's Shanghai. Those dumplings are like crack. I can easily put down 25+ in one sitting. For anyone that lives in SoCal, I highly recommend you make the trek for some dumplings. I dont think you will be disappointed.

#2 - Momofuku Ko in NYC. Took the wife to NY for our 1st anniversary and managed to snag a reservation. Just a great all around experience. Since its such a small spot, its great to interact with the chefs as you watch them cook your food right in front of you. The highlight for me with this particular meal was the frozen shaved foie gras dish. In the hallowed words of Mr. Miyagi.... If do right? No can defense. It is out of this world good.

Any world travelers here ever dine at Sukiyabashi Jiro? Ive been told by multiple people that this is a once in lifetime kinda meal. Its hard for me to justify paying $500+ per person for a 20 minute meal, but watching that damn documentary "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" on Netflix has really got me intrigued. I'm headed out to Tokyo at the end of the month, and am trying to justify whether or not I should burn $1,000-1500 on a 20 minute meal, or if that money is better spent making it rain at a strip club ( i kid i kid, the wife will be with me).

Love DTF but feel it is slightly overrated. Their presentation adds a lot IMO, it's rare to see Chinese food presented in a modern way in the SGV.

My most memorable meal would have to be the #19 Pastrami at Langer's Deli. Check it out if you haven't had a chance. They close at 4PM though, and aren't open on Sundays.

I would eat at Jiro's in a heartbeat if I was traveling to Japan.

Back
Top Bottom