FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Never been to Peter Luger's, but apparently a New York Times writer just gave it a 0-star review.

Damn not before I got a chance to head out there. I see what he's doing though, hopefully it works.

So with that zero star Peter Lugers review, what are the nyers In here’s opinion on the place?

05AE7EEE-CB41-41F2-8CC9-3B66F80E8649.jpeg

Not the greatest in plate presentation but a hell of a lot of flavor.

Made a batch tonight too. I always go heavy with olives.

20191029_205847.jpg

Last edited:
Peter Luger's has been overrated. Their sides are trash, the steak was decent at best, it really felt like a complete waste of money as I wasn't satisfied. I have zero problems spending money on food but for the amount spent, I would have preferred going anywhere else.

The bacon at Peter Luger's though was the best thing I had there. Then, combined with the onion bread they give out, it was great flavor wise.

BAFDC53D-5613-4AEC-8794-EF3BACC04A58.jpeg

So these are legit spicy, IMO. Sneaks up on you because you get the ranch flavor first.

Wifey grabbed and ate one before I could warn her and she was taking cold milk to the head a few seconds later :lol: And still complained about her mouth being on fire for 15 minutes after...

So these are legit spicy, IMO. Sneaks up on you because you get the ranch flavor first.

Wifey grabbed and ate one before I could warn her and she was taking cold milk to the head a few seconds later :lol: And still complained about her mouth being on fire for 15 minutes after...

Peter Luger's has been overrated. Their sides are trash, the steak was decent at best, it really felt like a complete waste of money as I wasn't satisfied. I have zero problems spending money on food but for the amount spent, I would have preferred going anywhere else.

The bacon at Peter Luger's though was the best thing I had there. Then, combined with the onion bread they give out, it was great flavor wise.

Del Frisco > Wolfgang's (midtown) > Luger's
*Imho Gibson's in Chicago is Best.

Del Frisco > Wolfgang's (midtown) > Luger's
*Imho Gibson's in Chicago is Best.

I went to a Del Frisco’s that just opened up in LA this last weekend. My first time eating at one. It was good, but just based on what I had (components of a seafood tower, Creamed Corn, Tomato and Burrata Salad, Mashed Potatoes and Grilled Sea Bass with a Miso Glaze), I’d say the food is better at Mastro’s.

I went to a Del Frisco’s that just opened up in LA this last weekend. My first time eating at one. It was good, but just based on what I had (components of a seafood tower, Creamed Corn, Tomato and Burrata Salad, Mashed Potatoes and Grilled Sea Bass with a Miso Glaze), I’d say the food is better at Mastro’s.

I meant the DF in NYC...But agreed, Mastro's LA is great (Cut by WPuck was good too)

Del Friscos is so damn good.

Here in the city if you dont want to go to the steakhouse, the grill at Del Friscos is good to. I go there for lunch sometimes

Looks very innocent. Figure it would be hella red. Should put them out during a party as a prank :lol:

Back
Top Bottom