FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

E81A0A42-D6F7-4D5A-A309-4C0F411A7366.jpeg
89221931-98D0-4D72-B83B-4F3DC673A563.jpeg

Vegetable curry with Basmatui Rice...

"Why did you keep the carrots so thick?" SC kid SC kid

Yes, actually. The curry sauce is very thick and flavorful. Need the veggies to be robust to maintain their flavor and complement it.
I am not trying to argue with you, please don't take it personally, just asking questions.

Wouldn't you increase your carrots per bite ratio if the carrots are smaller vs. having however many chunks of it in that small dish?

I am NOT arguing with you, please don't take it as such.

Just a philosophy question.

I am not trying to argue with you, please don't take it personally, just asking questions.

Wouldn't you increase your carrots per bite ratio if the carrots are smaller vs. having however many chunks of it in that small dish?

I am NOT arguing with you, please don't take it as such.

Just a philosophy question.

At the end of the day, I just like them at that size. I think full size petite carrots work well in stews and curries..,

But if you get one of those on a spoon that's alot of area covered including some rice.

If u cut them smaller, maybe in half, you could have a wider variety of veggies per spoon.

A much more balanced spoon.

I eat that dish with a fork..,

At the end of the day, I just like them at that size. I think full size petite carrots work well in stews and curries..,
I was simply challenging the notion that having bigger carrots made the carrot flavor (of the dish) more robust.

I would have thought have a higher carrot per bit ratio would make that true.

NO DISRESPECT

We eat rice and stew dishes with spoon and fork. Ultimate efficiency.
I mean if it is a SOUP based NOODLE dish, I see the need for BOTH.

But I can't imagine any rice dish that would make me use a fork.

Maybe I am nothing thinking hard enough

I was simply challenging the notion that having bigger carrots made the carrot flavor (of the dish) more robust.

I would have thought have a higher carrot per bit ratio would make that true.

NO DISRESPECT

No disrespect taken. I might try smaller cuts of carrot next time, but I think I’ll ultimately end up sticking with the full size petite carrots. We shall see.

No disrespect taken. I might try smaller cuts of carrot next time, but I think I’ll ultimately end up sticking with the full size petite carrots. We shall see.
How are those boxed curries though? I never used those cubes before.

Would you/have you ever used different mixtures of meats and veggies?

Back
Top Bottom