FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican you tripped me out liking a post of mine in this thread from back in June, or almost 100 pages ago...I've always heard you are known as the gravedigging royalty, but damn :lol:

Looks 100% like a pancake

giphy-1.gif

Y'all weird lol. All Salvadorans around my way and even back at the homeland eat pupusas with their hands.
They don't even have utensils at pupuserias over there. I always thought it was the way to eat it.

I work in a HEAVY populated Salvadoran neighborhood. (Since 2011)

I have NEVER seen a soul eat PuPusas with utensils.

Not once.

I work in a HEAVY populated Salvadoran neighborhood. (Since 2011)

I have NEVER seen a soul eat PuPusas with utensils.

Not once.
Again with the gravedigging comments, how far back was this? But yes, it's why I thought it was weird that there are people in here that eat pupusas with utensils. It's wild.

Anyone NTers from Philly... Doing a little weekend getaway there next month and was looking for must eat places?
First stop for food gotta be Reading Terminal Market. My favorites there are Beck's (Cajun), DiNic's (roast pork), Molly Malloy's (sandwiches/draft beers).

Jim's for cheesesteaks on South St.

McGillin's Olde Ale House for beer flights & bar food. One of the oldest pubs in Philly, since like 1860.

Anyone NTers from Philly... Doing a little weekend getaway there next month and was looking for must eat places?
Not from Philly but very familiar with there. Avoid Jim's at all costs, it's utter garbage. Woodrow's Sandwich shop a few blocks on that same street is far superior. Tony Luke's has a good cheesesteak but they're Roast Pork is on another level. Arguably best in Philly compared to the overrated Dinic's in Reading Terminal Market. However, in Reading there is a doughnut shop that is incredible. Their maple bacon doughnut is so good! There's another place who's name I forget but they do both Fried Chicken and doughnuts, it's great!

First stop for food gotta be Reading Terminal Market. My favorites there are Beck's (Cajun), DiNic's (roast pork), Molly Malloy's (sandwiches/draft beers).

McGillin's Olde Ale House for beer flights & bar food. One of the oldest pubs in Philly, since like 1860.
Yeah gotta hit Molly Malloy's first so you can get a big beer and then walk around with it and check everything out. DiNic's definitely the move. There was a good seafood place that I wanted to check out in there too last time I was there. Can't remember the name though.

Jim's is always my go-to, but would like to try Dalessandro's and John's Roast Pork too.

I hear Angelo's Pizzeria is amazing.

Not from Philly but very familiar with there. Avoid Jim's at all costs, it's utter garbage. Woodrow's Sandwich shop a few blocks on that same street is far superior. Tony Luke's has a good cheesesteak but they're Roast Pork is on another level. Arguably best in Philly compared to the overrated Dinic's in Reading Terminal Market. However, in Reading there is a doughnut shop that is incredible. Their maple bacon doughnut is so good! There's another place who's name I forget but they do both Fried Chicken and doughnuts, it's great!

ohhhhhh maple bacon donuts are right up bae's ally so i'll def have to check them out!!

Yeah gotta hit Molly Malloy's first so you can get a big beer and then walk around with it and check everything out. DiNic's definitely the move. There was a good seafood place that I wanted to check out in there too last time I was there. Can't remember the name though.

Jim's is always my go-to, but would like to try Dalessandro's and John's Roast Pork too.

I hear Angelo's Pizzeria is amazing.

Yes!!! Big beer i am all about that and is this outside walking? Only reason i am asking is we are bringing our frenchies on our trip so we would want to take them to walk around with us.

Will have to check out the ale house cause beer flights are my thing!

Back
Top Bottom