FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Probably the best beer in Denmark
20201016_180753.jpg

Never had it from Chipotle. Not spending $2.99 or whatever it costs now on a little container of Guac.

The price of Avocados in America is criminal. Same as CoConuts.

I need to live somewhere where those things are like buying bananas here.

Move to kauai. You can just pick them off the tree and they are the size of coconuts.

Fwiw Chipotle's guac is BUNS.

I've learned that the best guac is homemade guac and dependent on the ingredients inside it might not even be considered guac anymore :lol:
Best guac is when they used to roll up to your table with the mortar and pestle and do it right there. Places still do that or was that a fad?

Best guac is when they used to roll up to your table with the mortar and pestle and do it right there. Places still do that or was that a fad?

COVID probably killed that practice for good. But I was aware of a couple places that still did it pre-pandemic.

Not spending $2.99 or whatever it costs now on a little container of Guac.
Nouss Nouss

"The price of Avocados in America is criminal. Same as CoConuts."

Have a family friend from Guyana. She said avocados were for poor people. Growing up her and her siblings would take a boat to school and pick avocados in the morning for breakfast along the way cuz they were poor and had no food at home. Her mind was blown when she came here and saw the prices they charge.

eggs - 75% scrambled, 25% fried
tortillas - 80% corn, 20% flour
burritos - 80% rice, 20% other
Nooooooooooooo.

I am saying in terms of the creation of GUAC, what have been distributions you have encountered. (Since you only want 99% avocado)

Nouss Nouss

"The price of Avocados in America is criminal. Same as CoConuts."

Have a family friend from Guyana. She said avocados were for poor people. Growing up her and her siblings would take a boat to school and pick avocados in the morning for breakat along the way cuz they were poor and had no food at home. Her mind was blown when she came here and saw the prices they charge.
Exactly man. I have heard that from SO many immigrants. It is frustrating.

Yea, I use the paste for everything now. I have to travel far to find SHallots so I just use Ginger and Garlic.

I also find it easier to peel the garlic before baking than after.
It’s hard to find shallots?

Yeah I roast the shallots unpeeled and just squeeze it out. I buy pre peeled garlic tho :lol:

It’s hard to find shallots?

Yeah I roast the shallots unpeeled and just squeeze it out. I buy pre peeled garlic tho :lol:
They aren't at the grocery stores that I generally shop at.

I have to drive like 25 minutes to get some, so I just have been making the paste without the Shallots.

Nooooooooooooo.

I am saying in terms of the creation of GUAC, what have been distributions you have encountered. (Since you only want 99% avocado)

that was the all encompassing avocado distribution but nvm

99/1 guac should only happen when out of ingredients

i like it 70/30 or so with a lot of jalapeno

hold the tomato

OK, I'm ready to face my next culinary experience.

3 day weekend up ahead so I'd like some suggestions.

Its getting chilly so I'm thinking Pho.

I love top ramen.

Back
Top Bottom