FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Lunch;

Gnoocchi and chicken pasta with wine and garlic sauce. Spinach.

D1A21C57-1A36-4759-BE19-0868362DCB39.jpeg

It’s still not good but who the hell can do tacos/burrito with plane Jane water? I can’t :lol:
1000000% right, that thought popped in my head last night on the taco truck.
water and tacos is disrespectful.
i could never get over the weird sweetness of diet coke though, i like zero more.

272F993D57ED4B2595ADD8FFCBDC5D55.png

best match for tacos though, that guava, grapefruit, pineapple, and mandarin!

I do diet soda because of diabetes. Drinking the regular stuff has too much fructose but if I was to drink a regular soda it would have to be the ones that use real sugar. It’s still not good but who the hell can do tacos/burrito with plane Jane water? I can’t :lol:

I mean, what makes tacos/burritos THAT much more of a bad pairing with water than other foods?

1000000% right, that thought popped in my head last night on the taco truck.
water and tacos is disrespectful.
i could never get over the weird sweetness of diet coke though, i like zero more.

272F993D57ED4B2595ADD8FFCBDC5D55.png

best match for tacos though, that guava, grapefruit, pineapple, and mandarin!

My dude were are 100 percent in agreement on that water thing. Now on Jarritos sodas, they’re a still delicious but if you want flavor you’ll have to find a truck/restaurant that makes their Aguas fresca from scratch! Tamarindo, Horchata, Jamaica, Limonada with cucumber...etc. Those with any Mexican food is pure bliss. Ayyye Dios Miooooo:emoji_heart_eyes::emoji_heart_eyes::emoji_muscle:

Definitely done this at restaurants before. Another similar one that comes to mind is when I go to a game and get my ticket scanned and they say "enjoy the game" and I stupidly and mistakingly say you too :lol:
:rofl:

When i would do regular uber, people would say "thanks, see ya later" when we'd arrive at their destination :lol:

No, no you wont see me later.

I’ve never had curry chicken with rice and peas. For some reason, plain white rice fits better. I save the rice and peas for stew chicken and the likes

Not to be technical, but curry chicken IS "stewed" chicken with curry flavor.

But to me, the rice doesn't matter. The stew is enough for me already.

Got you.

So what is it about curry chicken that makes it not rice/peas friendly for Brother Tay?
I probably don’t care for the combination of the coconut flavor of the rice and the curry.

I’ll eat curry chicken with rice and peas but plain rice is usually the go to.

Takeout from Emily Brooklyn....
Burger (you can usually only have it if you dine in but available for takeout during pandemic. What it lacks in appearance it makes up for in flavor)
E926CA4B-BE74-4117-AE8F-F608FDDA7DEE.jpeg

Pepperoni + honey
A73DD18C-C113-4450-A807-AF53D47FD2AA.jpeg

Brussel sprouts (with Asian pear and fish sauce)
6757AF1E-CE0C-4486-9D7D-C358B23DCBC4.jpeg

Wings
3B60FE49-596E-46B4-B36C-BB6FBE2C5863.jpeg

BONUS
D5B7B02D-6074-41AA-8D86-493514A0AB4C.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom