FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

So the sauce came from chicago. But is it still made here or do multiple companies make the sauce? I don't eat a lot of bbq here so I don't see the sauce a lot.
Originated in CHI, yes.
Used in the DC area exclusively under the name of Mumbo/Mambo sauce now, yes.

Watch the video, it is short.

It isn't used as a BBQ sauce. MOre as a condiment for fried foods.

I

Originated in CHI, yes.
Used in the DC area exclusively under the name of Mumbo/Mambo sauce now, yes.

Watch the video, it is short.

It isn't used as a BBQ sauce. MOre as a condiment for fried foods.

I
Ic. Which video? This is the first of me actually knowing about what Mumbo sauce is. I mean I've heard of it mentioned before but never really looked into it.

D673B22F-47CE-4657-8230-0F680398E3A9.jpeg

i make sauce similar to mumbo for pulled pork/chicken. much better than super sweet bbq sauces imo. and of course it's good on fried foods

tomato paste, ketchup, vinegar, hot sauce, honey or sugar, and/or fruit preserves. sometimes worcestershire or soy sauce and mustard. black pepper, cayenne, lemon juice

The Orange version looks good af. I'm trying to get a bottle online. I can't find one. Y'all DC guys are secretive af with the sauce lol. Any suggestions where I can order a good bottle of the Orange? It seems like it's all made in house at those spots.
Capital City® mambo sauce | The Official Wing Sauce of Washington DC https://www.shopcapitalcity.com/

Sauces are made in house @ different "Carry-Outs." (Chinese/American Food Spots)

So there is no "Orange" to sell.

Link above is a black owned production.

Might be. I'm gonna cop a bottle too. Not sure whether to go sweet hot or mild. I'm leaning towards sweet hot but if they use Mild in DC then I'll try that one.

Yea, it is tricky.

There are dozens of carry-outs in the area.

Each one has their own recipe.

Like the video said, some are red, brown, orange. It just depends.

Most people are biased to their local carry-out.

So there is just a variety of spice levels/specific flavors. The base profile is similar all-around.

Back
Top Bottom