FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Have you tried the Mable's spot that took the spot of Gus?
I have not. Have you? Haven't been to CP since the pandemic started now that I think of it. Last time I was there I was legit on the floor of Comcast Center while team was cutting down the nets for winning the conference. 2 days later the world shut down.

oxtails with jollof rice...cafe abuja houston. Tried moi moi (not pictured) as well but i didn't really care for it.

need a new phone . . camera is trash
20210725_125818 (1).jpg

homemade shrimp brochette. Smoked with pecan wood...used jalepenos and green onions from out garden...

20210725_165531.jpg

20210725_172936.jpg

oxtails with jollof rice...cafe abuja houston. Tried moi moi (not pictured) as well but i didn't really care for it.

20210725_125818 (1).jpg

homemade shrimp brochette. Smoked with pecan wood...used jalepenos and green onions from out garden...

20210725_165531.jpg

20210725_172936.jpg
nah nothing wrong with your camera. still better than what DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican and champcruthik champcruthik bring to the table

Going to Philly this weekend. Staying in the Rittenhouse square area. Any recommendations on places to check out?

Uber Eats drivers are the worst. Ordered yesterday, and never got my order. Got the notification that the driver was on the way so I'm at my front door waiting while looking at the tracker.

I watched this dude drive right past my door and never come back. Like what the ****? Called the restaurant to see what happened to the order and they told me he never picked it up. I figured that was the case since I've never gotten an order from there estimated to arrive so quickly.

Not sure what incentive there is on the driver's side to do that. Third time it's happened in the last two months. Benefits I get with the app is the only factor that brings me back

Going to Philly this weekend. Staying in the Rittenhouse square area. Any recommendations on places to check out?

K'far cafe has good pastries/breakfast. Parc is nice for brunch/lunch. Huge place but it gets crowded

Butcher Bar is a decent option for steak, burgers, seafood. A little less pricy than similar options in the area

Vernick's is good as well for dinner. I've had really good food/service there in the past

Really no shortage of good restaurants in the area

20210725_125818 (1).jpg

20210725_165531.jpg

20210725_172936.jpg

That shrimp though. The rice looks amazing as well.

Uber Eats drivers are the worst. Ordered yesterday, and never got my order. Got the notification that the driver was on the way so I'm at my front door waiting while looking at the tracker.

I watched this dude drive right past my door and never come back. Like what the ****? Called the restaurant to see what happened to the order and they told me he never picked it up. I figured that was the case since I've never gotten an order from there estimated to arrive so quickly.

Not sure what incentive there is on the driver's side to do that. Third time it's happened in the last two months. Benefits I get with the app is the only factor that brings me back

I just ordered Italian from uber eats. They keep enticing you with the 10 dollars off deals while the delivery fee can add up to ten bucks.

K'far cafe has good pastries/breakfast. Parc is nice for brunch/lunch. Huge place but it gets crowded

Butcher Bar is a decent option for steak, burgers, seafood. A little less pricy than similar options in the area

Vernick's is good as well for dinner. I've had really good food/service there in the past

Really no shortage of good restaurants in the area
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom