FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Went to TN recently and my trip got cut real short.

I was upset I didn’t get to try Waffle House, whataburger, and stop at Buccee’s. Smh
Went to a Waffle House in Arizona. Unless you catch a fight, you're not missing anything. Waffles are ok. I prefer Belgian style Waffles tho.

Breakfast
IMG_20221207_060430~2.jpg

Not real at all brother
Like I said to Bronson Bronson , I can only assume that you've never been to a Waffle House, or perhaps that you have some posh WHs around your way. Or as Bronson suggested, perhaps since it's the holidays, we're all pretending things aren't the way they really are.

Since we're all here, are we also pretending that Walmart is the creme de la creme of one's shopping experience? Is a hot dog now considered a fine cut of meat, you know, because it's the holidays? In the name of the holiday spirit, are we also pretending that Arby's wagyu beef is authentic? What exactly are we doing?

"The establishment has become heavily associated with dysfunction that it precedes them."

That's as real and perfect a description of WH as there is. 🤣

-foe

darthska darthska I had Waffle House few years ago in Maryland. The hash browns were nice & crispy & my waffles topped with peanut butter chips were excellent.

I do remember our waitress telling us her sob story about how she's a struggling single mother & that life isn't fair, lol.

I do remember our waitress telling us her sob story about how she's a struggling single mother & that life isn't fair, lol
That had to have been just that one. Every WH I've gone to, the wait staff & cooks, errr, chefs, were happily married validictorians in HS finishing up double PhDs, simply working at WH to humble themselves, almost like charity work. A struggling single mom talking to a random guest about life isn't fair? At a Waffle House? C'mon, man, it's the holidays, that doesn't happen.

-foe

Let’s not laugh too much at service people who are struggling.
Of course not. That's not...

You got it.

I would love to know who your favorite comedians are, in another conversation.

You're right, though. Thank you for the kind reminder. 🤙

-foe <-----

Oh wow, that's dope. Googled them real quick & their bagels are pretty pillowy & fat like here in nyc. Guess the machine does work wonders.
Yeah, they're great bagels, definitely have that same kind of bagel chew that you expect. It's a pretty cool concept and the price isn't that much more than a standard FL bagel place. Plus they have frozen coffee ice cubes for their iced coffee, which is a nice touch.

Seen a spot out here recently called Noah’s NY Bagels.

Not sure if it’s some Cali wannabe jawn or decent bagels

Seen a spot out here recently called Noah’s NY Bagels.

Not sure if it’s some Cali wannabe jawn or decent bagels
Noah’s is a chain and has been around for a while. (Though there’s way fewer locations now than there was in like the early 2000s). I personally think their bagels are average; nothing particularly special.

Let’s not laugh too much at service people who are struggling.
My bad, I wasn't trying to make it seem like I was laughing at my server. The point of my post was to agree with WH employees behavior & that memory popped into my head. Also, our server totally at random started that convo. No one in our group said anything to her that would prompt such a personal response from her. IIRC all we said was "hey, how are you?"- simple neutral greeting.

Yeah, they're great bagels, definitely have that same kind of bagel chew that you expect. It's a pretty cool concept and the price isn't that much more than a standard FL bagel place. Plus they have frozen coffee ice cubes for their iced coffee, which is a nice touch.
Yeah there is one near my brother's house in FL. Prrtty good bagels..

Waffle house- nothing special at all. Clutch after a night of drinking...those $1 burgers they used to have and double hash browns smothered/covered was my go to

Back
Top Bottom