FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I snacked on these today. Pretty addictive.

20230404_072429.jpg

spizike231 spizike231

20230404_201759.jpg

Still not getting the crust you get, and still a taaaaad tougher than I like, tougher than yours look.

What heat do you have? Like high heat? Med high? Med? 👀
I’m on a gas range with heat on medium. Allow it to heat until olive oil is lightly smoking.

Then drop in and leave, flip, etc.

If I’m super serious with a real nice ribeye I break out the cast iron and put to med high.

Y’all gotta stop being scared and turn that heat up full blast when you’re cooking a steak. Thing should be screaming at you when it hits the pan. Only way you’re gonna get a great crust on the exterior.

Also as M Mark Antony stated you should really be going for thicker cuts. The only time I’m eating a steak that’s not ~2” thick is if it’s something like a skirt steak.

Y’all gotta stop being scared and turn that heat up full blast when you’re cooking a steak. Thing should be screaming at you when it hits the pan. Only way you’re gonna get a great crust on the exterior.
I'm definitely doing that wrong, but it's not fear of turning the heat up. I just thought it was supposed to be a slow cook to the center, that's all.

Definitely going way hotter next time, though. I appreciate that.

I'm definitely doing that wrong, but it's not fear of turning the heat up. I just thought it was supposed to be a slow cook to the center, that's all.

Definitely going way hotter next time, though. I appreciate that.
Nah the idea is a high heat sear to the outer, with an accurate estimation on where the center will end up at after resting.

Man, you all... like COOK cook. *applause*

Iron Chef: NT

Who's winning, and what kicks are they wearing?

Back
Top Bottom