FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Pizza from italy / this style

The pizza that I enjoy. This is from a place called Woodstocks (California). Probably my favorite spot.

IMG_2471.jpeg
That's wild :lol:

The pizza that I enjoy. This is from a place called Woodstocks (California). Probably my favorite spot.

IMG_2471.jpeg

I don’t know if it’s the same place or part of the same chain, but there was a Woodstock’s Pizza right near the UCSB campus when I went there. I ate a lot of Woodstock’s pizza (and “Wildbread”) during my time there. Memories :smile:

What is your exact issue with the first style posted? The lack of cheese? (Which I can understand)

The dough doesnt taste very good to me. I feel like i’m eating an extra crispy tortilla. I prefer the pie or more crust sort of pie.

I have no problem with the sauce or the cheese. I actually like light cheese.

I actually don’t eat meat on pizza so my comparison is more of a cheese pizza vs cheese pizza comparison. And hands down the 2nd one tastes good to me. If you gave me that first one after a night out i’d be very dissatisfied.

Neapolitan slander :smh:. I kinna get what he's saying tho. It's not for everybody. I've heard ppl say the same sort of thing before (outside of the internet).

On the topic of Pizzas, I think the next time I'm ACTUALLY in NY I'm gonna try more of the local favorite Pizza joints. Not that the hyped joints aren't local favorites to some, but I wanna hit up some spots that aren't so viral.

I got a new Bundt pan and cake carrier set last month. Quite colorful pieces.
IMG_6804.JPG

A couple of Betty Crocker desserts I baked this week.

I believe this is the first time I ever tried these kind of brownies from Betty Crocker.
IMG_6809.JPG

It was my first time using this nonstick baking pan.
IMG_6811.JPG

This is a yellow cake with butter cream frosting.
IMG_6821.JPG

Hey DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican , I'm sorry I didn't reply promptly to your recent inquiry about my opinion on a couple of burger chains. I believe you mentioned Five Guys & Shake Shack in that post. I never ate at either of them. I don't intend to either.

I previously mentioned on here that I passed on Five Guys after I checked their menu prices at the Fox Hills Mall location. I believe I did some research on Shake Shack's menu prices as well. I don't feel the prices at those restaurants are favorable for me in terms of quantity, portions and value. I'm sure their burgers are good.

I admit I go to Islands & Red Robin because they have incentives with deals and hookups. I'm aware it's a few more dollars at those places, but I feel I get better value and quality with them.

Wow those brownies look amazing.

Last pizza related post because the Dubs game about to start.

Few things in life better than a Round Table Pizza, 6 garlic parmesan twists, ranch, and a glass bottle coca cola to go along with watching the Warriors Invitational aka playoffs.

The last honest pizza. I come in peace.

Neapolitan slander :smh:. I kinna get what he's saying tho. It's not for everybody. I've heard ppl say the same sort of thing before (outside of the internet).

Neapolitan slander seems to be a popular unpopular opinion

I get it not being someone's favorite (not sure it's mine) but not not liking it

Pizza in its simplest form. Flour, water, yeast, salt, tomato, cheese

Neapolitan slander seems to be a popular unpopular opinion

I get it not being someone's favorite (not sure it's mine) but not not liking it

Pizza in its simplest form. Flour, water, yeast, salt, tomato, cheese

It’s like 60s era hoops before it evolved into the modern NBA. Just because something is simple doesn’t make it better. I can eat it. It’s still edible i’ve had it plenty of times. Its lightness pairs well with eating other appetizers a glass of wine etc. But if we’re talking pizza experience my mind goes to the couch watching sports and what do i want to pair that with. It’s a different and better (to me) version of it - the evolved doughier pie I want.

It’s like 60s era hoops before it evolved into the modern NBA. Just because something is simple doesn’t make it better. I can eat it. It’s still edible i’ve had it plenty of times. Its lightness pairs well with eating other appetizers a glass of wine etc. But if we’re talking pizza experience my mind goes to the couch watching sports and what do i want to pair that with. It’s a different and better (to me) version of it - the evolved doughier pie I want.

I agree… time and place for each

I prefer a denser doughier slice on most occasions

Neapolitans can be very trash when made poorly/sit out/etc

But a well made one is delicious and light. Nothing not to like

NGL, this is funny as hell coming from the guy that said Festus Ezeli and Andrew Bogut would shut down Jokic :lol:

Coming from a philly guy that actually dont look to bad

That shop owner gotta be from philly if i had guess

Chopped steak with cheese wiz is the move

The roll makes a whole sandwich and that looks good. I like my roll gutted and toasted but not many places do that

Back
Top Bottom