FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

IMG_9796.jpeg

Nakiryu in Japan. Went here yesterday and it was roughly 30-40 people in line and a 3 hour wait so no go yesterday. Got to the restaurant 2 hours before they opened and it was worth it.
Beautiful oils in that broth.

IMG_9821.jpeg

IMG_9822.jpeg

Was starving just wanted something quickC went into this yakitori spot blind. Omakase yakitori was ehh, the pieces of pork was solid and not pictured had some chicken wings which were good, the best part of this restaurant is self served alcohol thats 5-6 USD per hour lol.
$5-$6 per hour? Like open bar? :lol:

Pizza night. Got a chance to try my new proofing box and pizza peel. Homemade tomato sauce with whole peeled tomatoes, salt, sugar , and olive oil. Having better luck with the peel with the pizza keeping its shape somewhat. I just need to move faster and the more reps I get the closer I’ll get to that near perfect circle.

BBQ chicken (left over Pecking House chicken) peeled off the skin and added bbq sauce

Pineapple and yellow pepper

Tomatoe pizza

Plain

IMG_3125.jpeg
IMG_3130.jpeg
IMG_3131.jpeg
IMG_3132.jpeg
IMG_3133.jpeg
IMG_3135.jpeg

IMG_3126.jpeg

These look good.

IMG_9821.jpeg

IMG_9822.jpeg

Was starving just wanted something quickC went into this yakitori spot blind. Omakase yakitori was ehh, the pieces of pork was solid and not pictured had some chicken wings which were good, the best part of this restaurant is self served alcohol thats 5-6 USD per hour lol.
Leaving Japan tomorrow after 2.5 weeks. You really can’t go wrong with the food here. We ducked into a couple spots blind and left satisfied.
IMG_7906.jpeg
IMG_8106.jpeg
IMG_7926.jpeg
IMG_7742.jpeg
IMG_8189.jpeg IMG_8188.jpeg

Honestly theres soooo many spots of food thats in the tiniest of alley ways, its endless. And yeah you really cant go wrong.
True. The only thing to keep in mind especially when going further out from Tokyo is the English speaking drops significantly. Last time we visited years ago we got turned away from some “Japanese Only” spots. But this time folks were more accommodating. Just break out Google Translate and fumble your way through the menus :lol:

True. The only thing to keep in mind especially when going further out from Tokyo is the English speaking drops significantly. Last time we visited years ago we got turned away from some “Japanese Only” spots. But this time folks were more accommodating. Just break out Google Translate and fumble your way through the menus :lol:
Yeah we used google translate and it helped significantly :lol:

Back
Top Bottom