FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Pizza in Brooklyn from L&B Spumoni Gardens & donuts from Francesco's in Hicksville, Long Island.
20231213_151524.jpg
20231213_151851.jpg
20231213_151901.jpg
20231213_135945.jpg
20231213_171152.jpg
ADVERTISEMENT​

X xxpizzo SC kid SC kid
My cookie box arrived. 12 cookies from 12 different chefs around the U.S.

IMG_4089.jpeg
IMG_4090.jpeg

IMG_4084.jpeg
IMG_4085.jpeg
IMG_4086.jpeg
IMG_4087.jpeg
IMG_4088.jpeg

Were those hard cookies worth whatever price tag they came with? Be honest.

fam that line is RIDICOULOUS !!!

opens at 11 and **** waaaaay to packed lol you gotta make sure you truly have nothing planned for right after

i be trying to tell people about the rolls ( IT TRULY MAKES A SANDWICH BETTER) - they make them in house and are unbelievable. Never ever stale

my mouth watering just looking at that damn pic

cooper sharp is the way glad you tried that one:smokin:smokin:smokin

fam that line is RIDICOULOUS !!!

opens at 11 and **** waaaaay to packed lol you gotta make sure you truly have nothing planned for right after

i be trying to tell people about the rolls ( IT TRULY MAKES A SANDWICH BETTER) - they make them in house and are unbelievable. Never ever stale

my mouth watering just looking at that damn pic

cooper sharp is the way glad you tried that one:smokin:smokin:smokin
What's your top 3 spots for cheesesteaks in Philly? Tryna drive down from NY with some of my boys to do a cheesesteak crawl (prob not now since it's cold AF).

What's your top 3 spots for cheesesteaks in Philly? Tryna drive down from NY with some of my boys to do a cheesesteak crawl (prob not now since it's cold AF).

1. Angelos
2a.Jims on South st (but are remodeling since the fire) should open back up early 2024 hopefully
2b. Johns Roast Pork (cheese steaks and breakfast sandwiches are UNREAL)
3. Dalessandro's

top 3 are in South Philly and last one is in Northeast Philly alil further than the others

1. Angelos
2a.Jims on South st (but are remodeling since the fire) should open back up early 2024 hopefully
3. Dalessandro's

top 3 are in South Philly and last one is in Northeast Philly alil further than the others
what's your opinion on Tony Lukes?

what's your opinion on Tony Lukes?
the Original Tony Lukes im guessing right on Oregon ave ?

now renamed to Tony & Nicks Steaks over family issues and the IRS :lol:

I used to visit this place A LOT when i was younger, haven't recently been there in a good bit but from what I remember it wasn't that bad. Non seeded rolls i believe they use

i always use to split a Roastpork and a cheese steak from here but deff always enjoyed the roastpork more

during or after phillies games that place gets packed since its 2-3 miles walking distance

im going to have to check it out some time soon myself again

the 3 main places ill say stay away from in Philly is - Philips (used to love them but not sure what the hell happened), Genos and Pats

1. Angelos
3. Dalessandro's

These are all excellent options. People say D'Alessandro fell off but I've never had an issue. I'd actually swap Johns to 1 and Angelo's to 2 because I feel the steak has more flavor at John's. Angelos bread is elite but their steak isn't as seasoned.

Wild card option is Cafe Carmela. It's out in the suburbs but the cheesesteak I had was very good and you can order ahead online.

These are all excellent options. People say D'Alessandro fell off but I've never had an issue. I'd actually swap Johns to 1 and Angelo's to 2 because I feel the steak has more flavor at John's. Angelos bread is elite but their steak isn't as seasoned.

Wild card option is Cafe Carmela. It's out in the suburbs but the cheesesteak I had was very good and you can order ahead online.
i know the female owner of Cafe Carmela really well, deff a great recommendation.. ALL of the food is delicious

South Philly is small so we all know eachother some way or another

real good hospitality and dope family

Made some cutlets. Used a few for chicken francese. Never done it before. Got some kinks to work out with the sauce but was good.

504F9F3F-14EB-4304-872D-073E72666C78.jpeg
5DCFB69F-CB72-439A-8C05-4E4922F9A11C.jpeg

Got inspired by scrolling through Christian Petroni’s IG. He’s always posting some fire Italian.

no homo but they chop up the meat the best out of all my favorite places
This is the best :lol:

Jim’s has always been my go-to. Hadn’t heard about the fire. Nice that they are expanding the space though.

Want to try Angelo’s because the bread looks amazing but definitely not feeling that wait.

Been to John Roast Pork but didn’t have the cheesesteak.

What about Ishkabibbles or whatever?

Ishkabbibles Chicken Cheesesteak and gremlin drink combo :smokin :smokin:smokin Half lemonade/half grape juice

Crazy how they are right across the street from eachother like pats/genos

You dont hear about ishkibbles much but most ppl would grab a jims steak than walk across st for fries since jims dont sell em

While you’re here, have you ever been to South Philly Barbacoa?

Was talking about Philly with a coworker last night and they had mentioned it. I looked it up and it was already on my saved list. Just haven’t gone yet.

While you’re here, have you ever been to South Philly Barbacoa?

Was talking about Philly with a coworker last night and they had mentioned it. I looked it up and it was already on my saved list. Just haven’t gone yet.

I have not been but word is they the best Tacos in the city supposedly

Im sure they busy to being on the italian market block

Do people still lineup for cheesesteaks from Geno's and Pat's? Or has word gotten out even to tourists that there's better options in Philly?

Back
Top Bottom