FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

For BLAZE PIZZA??? Is there a connection to Ramadan? Was all pizza $3.14 or bogo???? Whats the story here?
Nah, no connection to Ramadan. I only mentioned that to state what I'm eating on Day 4, lol. It was all $3.14 because it was National Pie Day yesterday. The mathematical formula known as Pi(3.14) on March.14th(3/14) & all the pies are $3.14

Our pies were more then $3.14 because we always opt for the high rise dough & they charge couple of bucks extra for that.
zmaqbool zmaqbool

Waiting in line for 2 hours @ Blaze Pizza is a wild plot twist. I don't care what they were offering, a Pizza Expert of your status doing this needs some explaining.
Lol, we lined up exactly a year ago for the same reason & I posted pics in here of that too. It's partly the $3.14 deal & partly just vibing out with family + it's down the block from us so no big deal.
3.14 pizza? Yes! 2 hour wait? What? Was your time worth the savings?
I'd say it was worth it. It's kind of fun, lol + when you're fasting for Ramadan there's not much else to do so kill some time waiting in line for the fast to break. Only once a year though would I line up for Blaze 😆.

I gotta side with DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican on this one, Z

As a NYer, with all the talk and hype yall do for your pies, I’m thoroughly surprised you not only went to Blaze but also openly admitted to it

Are you okay Z? Da opps holdin you hostage b?
Lol, I go to Blaze a handful of times a year. Their high rise dough is legit & for retail pizza, it's actually pretty good with fresh ingredients. We chopped it up with the owners & one of them gave us each an exclusive coupon for a free pie next time we come in so can't complain 🤷😎.

As a NY'er I lowkey delve into & see what else is out there pizza wise once in a while. Singa's Famous is pretty good too. Ain't nobody holdin me hostage, I promise :lol: .

Lmao. Have you tried Blaze? If not, give em a shot. They're solid, man!
I haven’t.

Maybe NYers just over hype their pies but I swear yall make it sound like solid gold and nothing else should be touched.

I thought for sure going to Blaze should be grounds for someone to hit you with this
IMG_8399.jpeg

you guys act like blaze is bad or something.

3 dollars is the price of one slice and he's getting a while pizza.
It’s not that I thought it was bad necessarily

I just am so overwhelmed constantly be NYers condescending (this does not include @z btw, he is an outstanding citizen of da thread) attitude in regards to pizza that I never would have thought they’d give any chain a real glance when the “best in da world” is right around the corner

I just am so overwhelmed constantly be NYers condescending attitude in regards to pizza that I never would have thought they’d give any chain a real glance when the “best in da world” is right around the corner

it would be different if it was a douchey member posting but he's one if the chiller guys on nt.

Yea I just went to Blaze last week.
100% agree with getting the "Super Dough " instead of the weak cracker thin crust.

Very good

Ni sorry, that was MOD Pozza.
Yeah, that cracker thin crust ain't it. My younger brother put me on to their high rise dough when they first opened & I, in turn, put my older brother & sister in law on to it & we never looked back. Other than the high rise, strictly speaking on their dough- their pizzas look pretty sad.
you guys act like blaze is bad or something.

3 dollars is the price of one slice and he's getting a while pizza.
This! With the high rise dough we opted for it was about $6.35 for each of our pies(still not bad) + the free pie coupon from one of the owners for next time.

I just am so overwhelmed constantly be NYers condescending (this does not include @z btw, he is an outstanding citizen of da thread) attitude in regards to pizza that I never would have thought they’d give any chain a real glance when the “best in da world” is right around the corner
Yeah, I totally get that. NY'ers always are high praise about the city's pizza game. I, too, was like that until I started driving out to NJ for pizza. I strongly belive NJ has some of 🇺🇸 best pizza. There are some insanely great pizza joints located in NJ.

Let there be no confusion, I always CIP when speaking to zmaqbool zmaqbool , probably one of the best food thread regulars around.

I was concerned about him when he said he waited hours for a chain pizza doe, I had to ask about his safety
Going to Blaze for pizza- handful of times a year/waiting 2 hours in line for a Blaze pizza- ONLY ONCE A YEAR! Lol

If I remember correctly, last year was almost the same wait time as well. People come out of the woodworks on Pi Day, lol.

NY pizza prices suck. It’s $24-25 for a large plain pizza now. If a pizza tastes good then idgaf if it’s from a chain, a popular spot, dollar slice places on every corner in NYC, or costco.

Not sure if it was blaze pizza or just a similar chain but I tried it once years back. It was good but not enough for me to go back.

I think there has always been (especially today) plenty of convo around the topic of over inflated food prices. Especially since social media has been around.

Not sure if I agree that most of the talk revolves around asking us to change our habits. But even with that, that is what will cause the most instant change.

Back
Top Bottom