FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Costco had a 2pk of TRUFF sauce and I decided to buy. Hadn’t had it before because I usually thought it was too expensive.

A little too sweet, but decent flavor nonetheless.

Dinner at Cheesecake Factory in Westbury, Long Island. I had the Korean Cauliflower for appetizer & for entrée garden veggie burger with avocado & sweet potatoe fries.

Ofcourse no stop at Cheesecake Factory is complete without their famous line of cheeeecakes so the Cinnabon Cinnamon Swirl variant caught my fancy. Will have it post-gym tomorrow.
20230208_212352.jpg
20230208_213730.jpg
20230208_225007.jpg

my man :pimp:

look, i know cheesecake factory gets looked down on by many. and i don't think the food is amazing or anything (the cheesecake it amazing though). but i love going there. i love that you can get all kinds of food there. the food is good enough. the portions usually big enough for a little snack later on. they got good drinks. and of course, the cheesecake is amazing. my favorites are the smores, cookie dough, and oreo...but can't ever go wrong with plain, or plain topped with the strawberries either :pimp:

For anybody going to Nola for Mardi Gras, here’s a list of restaurant and things to do.

Boil seafood house
Tchoup Yard
Superior Seafood
Port of Call
Blue Oak BBQ
Pascal’s Manale
Oceana Grille
Domenica
Mandina’s
Oak Oven
Paladar 511
Mona Lisa’s
Willa Jean
Fogo De Chao
Mais Arepas
Brennan’s
Mimi’s in the Marigny
Jacques-Imo’s
Rum House
Th Banks Drinkery
Nolasips
Pat O’Brien’s we
Cochon Butcher
River walk
Peche
Creole Creamery
Lemon Shark Nola
Monkey Board
Saffron Nola
Creamistry
Jaidyns Wing Stop
Beer Garden
Sno-la
Tapeh’s Water Ice
Elysian Bar
Delachaise
Agave House
Auction House Market
Muriel’s
Sofia Nola
Central city bbq
Gris - Gris
Bearcat Cafe
Avo
Meril
Pythian market
Dat dog
Pralees
J’s Creole wings
Peewees crab cakes
Royal house
Chop house
Desi Vegas
Saint John
Charlie’s steak house
Supper club BR
Willie Mae's scotch house
el Pavo real
la Boca
palm and pine
MARJIES
seafood sallies
La Boulangerie
Verti Marte
Sofia
Gianna
Melba's
High Hat Cafe
Lengua Madre
Bar Marilou and R Bar (For after dinner drinks)
Morrows
Mondays
Neyows

French Market
Rock N Bowl
Fulton Alley
City Putt
Laser Tag
NOMA
Zoo
Aquarium
Insectarium
Sculpture Garden
Escape Room
Kisatchie Bayou
Global Wildlife Center
Nola Motorsports
Slingshot rental
Cypress Park
Wayne’s World Tubing
Blue Bayou

Last edited:
For anybody going to Nola for Mardi Gras, here’s a list of restaurant and things to do.

Boil seafood house
Tchoup Yard
Superior Seafood
Port of Call
Blue Oak BBQ
Pascal’s Manale
Oceana Grille
Domenica
Mandina’s
Oak Oven
Paladar 511
Mona Lisa’s
Willa Jean
Fogo De Chao
Mais Arepas
Brennan’s
Mimi’s in the Marigny
Jacques-Imo’s
Rum House
Th Banks Drinkery
Nolasips
Pat O’Brien’s we
Cochon Butcher
River walk
Peche
Creole Creamery
Lemon Shark Nola
Monkey Board
Saffron Nola
Creamistry
Jaidyns Wing Stop
Beer Garden
Sno-la
Tapeh’s Water Ice
Elysian Bar
Delachaise
Agave House
Auction House Market
Muriel’s
Sofia Nola
Central city bbq
Gris - Gris
Bearcat Cafe
Avo
Meril
Pythian market
Dat dog
Pralees
J’s Creole wings
Peewees crab cakes
Royal house
Chop house
Desi Vegas
Saint John
Charlie’s steak house
Supper club BR
Willie Mae's scotch house
el Pavo real
la Boca
palm and pine
MARJIES
seafood sallies
La Boulangerie
Verti Marte
Sofia
Gianna
Melba's
High Hat Cafe
Lengua Madre
Bar Marilou and R Bar (For after dinner drinks)
Morrows
Mondays
Neyows

French Market
Rock N Bowl
Fulton Alley
City Putt
Laser Tag
NOMA
Zoo
Aquarium
Insectarium
Sculpture Garden
Escape Room
Kisatchie Bayou
Global Wildlife Center
Nola Motorsports
Slingshot rental
Cypress Park
Wayne’s World Tubing
Blue Bayou

My man’s listed all his sting operations….

AVOID ALL THESE PLACES! ⚠️

This Lakers trade deadline is reminiscent of the roster purge and overhaul that happened during LeBron's last season with the Cavs.
Desperate times call for desperate measures. The sigh of relief in that Lakers lockeroom after hearing the news Westbrook got traded 🤣. That trade works good for all parties involved. It was a doomed experiment from the start. KD to Phoenix though 🔥. KD/Booker/CP3/Ayton :pimp: . That should be the start of something special.

I’ve had that Korean Cauliflower a few times. Tasty.
💯 It was perfect. The flavor, the aroma, presentation, all 👌. I like their ranch too. It's different from regular ranch & not as robust but a nice smooth flavor.
I had the salted caramel cheesecake the other day for my bday. It was ok. Was my first time having a cheesecake from there, didn't think much of it tbh. Def wouldn't buy it myself.
I stay away from any "salted" flavored anything. The amount of salt is always overbearing. I've had their vanilla bean, & chocolate(which were great) & will later try the cinnamon. Hopefully it's good too.
Honestly think the basic cheesecake is the best. The fancier it gets, the less you get the “cheesecake” experience, IMO.
Yeah miss me with that fruity pebble & fruit loops donuts/cheesecakes/desserts. Plain is almost always the best with anything. Plain pizza, old-fashioned donut, plain vanilla ice cream etc...

my man :pimp:

look, i know cheesecake factory gets looked down on by many. and i don't think the food is amazing or anything (the cheesecake it amazing though). but i love going there. i love that you can get all kinds of food there. the food is good enough. the portions usually big enough for a little snack later on. they got good drinks. and of course, the cheesecake is amazing. my favorites are the smores, cookie dough, and oreo...but can't ever go wrong with plain, or plain topped with the strawberries either :pimp:
I've only had CCF like less then a handful of times. This was probably the 3rd time I had actual food from there. Last time was last Oct. In Peabody, Massachusetts when I had their stuffed cheddar veggie burger which was just ok all things considered.

IIRC their 4 cheese pasta was what I've enjoyed most from there(food wise). Why do many people look down on CCF? Agreed 💯 their cheesecakes are phenomenal man & yes, you're right they really do have all kinds of food options on the menu. Portions are good too, agreed. I had the sweet potatoe fries leftover from yesterday earlier for lunch today & they tasted fresh. Oreo cheesecake I have had & remember it being slamming. I haven't had the smores but will keep it in mind for the future.

Last edited:
Paulie Gees
Logan Square, Chicago
US Pizza Cup Winner (Cheddar, mozzarella, Ezzo pepperoni cups, bacon jam, red sauce, ricotta, basol & Mike's hot honey. Detroit inspired light & airy pan style pizza with a caramelized cheese edge)
Coyote Pizza (Italian tomatoes, garlic, arugula, spinach, sweet Italian fennel sausage, red onion, pickled pineapples & soy chili glaze)
21EE86DF-67FF-49D7-8BD0-327EC99CB4E6.jpeg

A67BE8DF-B488-48C0-81BA-A00A38DA0E75.jpeg

bb.q Chicken
Chinatown, Chicago
Korean fried chicken wings (soy garlic, honey garlic, and hot & spicy)

28B73B43-6263-451F-BCBB-D959160BECD0.jpeg

99452524-E094-4004-86AA-B4D228FE3A74.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom