FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

IMG_4007.jpeg

Gua Bao

cole slaw is appreciated
good palate cleanser

Yea I love a good slaw. There are so many ways to spruce it up if you dont want basic slaw. Goes well with a variety of foods I put Asian inspired slaw in my poke bowls and use slaw as a side for caribbean dishes. Slawnder will not be tolerated.

ya i tend to grab greens ones as well and just wait till they are good to eat for my liken

i have been wrapping the stems up in a plastic bag and its actually crazy how long they can last before they get bad
What is this plastic bag trick? I also heard separating them helps slow down the ripening

The plastic wrap around the stem keeps the ethylene gas contained so the bananas stay safe

just grab any plastic bag you got a ball it up/tie it around the stem area - yup you could also separate them as well

the bag trick blew my mind but makes complete sense
They stopped using plastic bags up here for the "environment" :lol:

I'll try saran wrap

One of my favorite memories working in critical care was when I was dealing with an end-stage heart failure patient that was progressively declining. They were on the fence for being a candidate for a device called an LVAD, which is an implantable device that helps the left side of the heart pump blood more effectively. The cardiologist knew I had a good relationship with the patient so she asked me to come in the room while she explained that he was no longer a candidate and there wasn’t much else they could do for him.

After a long pause the patient said “so what you’re saying is I shouldn’t buy any green bananas?” and we all busted out laughing. Sad situation, but he was a good dude. RIP Irv.

fruits of our labor
homemade pasta al limone and wild caught alaskan salmon
got a pasta maker. first time making fresh pasta. i knew it was a faster cook but didn’t realize it would be done in like 30 seconds. almost caught me slipping.
4C64D6AD-EE71-4F80-B548-FA296CD3CD75.jpeg

E8A90B75-E972-4FAB-9A79-4AE466FA6106.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom