FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

This Sunday’s treat
1691974958127.jpeg

Amazon Fresh didn’t have Van Leeuwen so I had to settle |l The top layer had me disappointed but once I got past that it was money. Need one of those obscure Jeni’s flavors that Comparison Ford Comparison Ford flexes with, though

You gotta eat this from the side to get all the layers together. Whoever came up with this had the munchies.

Never been a huge fan but for whatever reason I have been on a hummus (with various veggies) kick lately. Got the Sabra “Supremely Spicy” for today and that joint actually had a mean kick to it.

Y’all got any other recommended brands, flavors and/or dipping combos?

A cool store brand one is Trader Joe's Roasted Garlic. I think that was the first one I got into about 15 years ago.

My dinner at Red Robin yesterday for Sunday.

I had the Whiskey River BBQ burger. I opted not to have a milkshake because I was notified that the milkshake machine wasn't working properly yesterday, so I didn't want to take a chance of having something possibly irregular or just bad in general.
IMG_6962.JPG

I think you made the right decision by passing in the milkshake. Your stomach would have been destroyed.

Did your meal fill you up this time?

Where are the wings?

A cool store brand one is Trader Joe's Roasted Garlic. I think that was the first one I got into about 15 years ago.

Yeah, I’ve been rocking with the store brand ones but zmaqbool zmaqbool is right about going the store route. I honestly might just google the best in the area and go from there with the ultimate idea/goal being that they would sell me 10 Oz portions to go.

Yeah, I’ve been rocking with the store brand ones but zmaqbool zmaqbool is right about going the store route. I honestly might just google the best in the area and go from there with the ultimate idea/goal being that they would sell me 10 Oz portions to go.

The only issue with that is fresh hummus wouldn't last for more than about 3-4 days. I doubt you would be using THAT much.

I had the Whiskey River BBQ burger. I opted not to have a milkshake because I was notified that the milkshake machine wasn't working properly yesterday, so I didn't want to take a chance of having something possibly irregular or just bad in general.
IMG_6962.JPG
Great call on the milkshake. A bad milkshake is the type of thing that could ruin one’s day.

Did you only get the one helping of fries? No apps?

Speaking of heat distribution/retention, I grabbed my first real Le Creuset piece on sale. Love it.
19B8661E-859C-4F41-AE43-CF3583806521.jpeg
FDE7DE1D-BFCA-40D7-ADAF-E9476F190B32.jpeg
I have a Le Creuset Dutch oven that I got about 2 years ago, on a Black Friday sale. Basically the same size minus the handle. I love it. Made some Jamaican brown stew chicken for these next few nights at work.

Made some oxtail, white rice and some veg Sunday night. Had gotten these wagyu oxtail, was very curious about that. Was concerned about the fat content and how it would impact the cooking. Didn’t seem to make a difference really. But I was surprised to how big some of the pieces of oxtail were.

I made green seasoning that I used for both of them. Since I have so much, gonna make another Caribbean dish later in the week.

My rice and peas have never come out good the times I’ve made it. I do want to give it another try at some point

IMG_5370.jpeg

IMG_5367.jpeg

IMG_6962.JPG
Did they keep the fries coming? How many rounds?

Had an extra heirloom tomato left over from the weekend so I made a tomato sandwich for work today.

Man that thing slapped. Definitely making that my go-to work sandwich for the remainder of the season.

anyone heard of and/or tried Cookie Plug? how do they taste? there is one opening up near my place here in SD. the cookies look ridiculous and over the top. can't wait

def not the for the frailbois and carbphobic bois

Back
Top Bottom