FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

C4C2B502-2B6E-4CAD-A3AF-B655889E5D85.jpeg

838825BA-B095-4CAA-8E20-5DF08FAF9763.jpeg

33C8D5B7-AFA4-4C05-A67C-6CC302BA34D7.jpeg

First focaccia. Just sea salt and rosemary

Idk what I’m doing yet but it came out decent. Thicker and a little denser than I’d like

Overnight no-knead receipe with AP flour. Intend to start using some mix of bread and 00 flours

Last edited:

Ground breaking study

#WOC

We love feeding our children juice.

We LOVE it.

The researchers went on to recommend the delaying of the introduction of 100 percent fruit juice to young children, keeping an eye on serving sizes and having children eat whole fruit instead. The research said an early introduction to fruit juice could lead to increased risk of being overweight and obese due to favoring sweeter foods.

“Although the effect sizes are modest, small gains in BMI over time may substantiate over the life course; therefore, limiting intake of fruit juice among children is an important strategy for them to develop healthy weight trajectories,” the study reads.

Ground breaking study

#WOC

I thought this was already established. You're not supposed to be drinking fruit juice like water. Might as well grab a can of coke while you're at it.

Recently found a Starbucks drink that I actually like

Iced chai latte
Oat milk
1 pump brown sugar syrup

Pretty good but it’s almost $7 for a medium :lol:
I recently tried the brown sugar latte and I’m obsessed but I have to decrease the syrup to 1 pump 😂

The shift in lifestyles made drinking juices terrible. I drank Minute Made Citrus punch every day in the summer when I was a kid, 2 glasses minimum. BUT this was before smart phones and when you'd play Nintendo for about an hour before you got bored. The rest of the time we were outside - catching lizards, playing football, basketball, tag, climbing trees, etc. We weren't fat/obese at all.

I also wonder why they are targeting "fruit juices" in particular and not all sugary drinks. Drinking full sugar Coke/Pepsi products is insane.

Back
Top Bottom