IMG_5505.jpeg

I think this is some type of sugar

IMG_5498.jpeg
IMG_5489.jpeg
Mint tea

IMG_5488.jpeg

Olives

IMG_5487.jpeg
Saffron … employee said it can go for $52 a gram in the States.

IMG_5472.jpeg

Best ice-cream bar I ever had.

IMG_5451.jpeg
IMG_5540.jpeg
Heads up on the saffron. Lots of fake stuff out there. It is expensive, be weary of any prices that seem too good to be true.

Test you can do is put a couple strands in water, wait about 15 min. The water should slowly turn yellow but the strands shouldn't lose their redness. Fake stuff will fade. The shape looks good in your pic though

Heads up on the saffron. Lots of fake stuff out there. It is expensive, be weary of any prices that seem too good to be true.

Test you can do is put a couple strands in water, wait about 15 min. The water should slowly turn yellow but the strands shouldn't lose their redness. Fake stuff will fade. The shape looks good in your pic though
Oh wow thanks for the heads up. I’ll test them tomorrow. We paid $10 a gram.

Really hope it’s the authentic. I got them for my two chef friends

IMG_5471.jpeg

kix2mny kix2mny Really great pictures, man! It must be very lively & festive there with end of Ramadan & Eid being tomorrow. Burger looked really good. Was that some kind of molasses sugar? Did you sample any of the green tea?

And yup, the Zafron spice is extremely expensive. Easily goes upwards of $100 a gram stateside. It's availability & quantity is very little + it's super tedious to harvest which results in it's insane pricetag. Yours looks pretty legit. Smells soo damn good too.

kix2mny kix2mny Really great pictures, man! It must be very lively & festive there with end of Ramadan & Eid being tomorrow. Burger looked really good. Was that some kind of molasses sugar? Did you sample any of the green tea?

And yup, the Zafron spice is extremely expensive. Easily goes upwards of $100 a gram stateside. It's availability & quantity is very little + it's super tedious to harvest which results in it's insane pricetag. Yours looks pretty legit. Smells soo damn good too.
Thanks for the background on why it’s so expensive. I’m plan on testing it with my son for his science experiment. I didn’t even smell it. We walked into a spice shop and the dude has us smelling so much stuff.

Did not sample any tea at the stalls but we had tea at the riad we stayed at, ballon ride, and at a restaurant. The brown thing looks like sugar.

The big square was nuts Saturday night so many people it was amazing. I kept touching my pockets to make sure I didn’t get “got”. We loved it. My kids got tired of walking. Down side because of the holiday shops closed or closed early to eat and pray. Next visit we won’t do it around this time. Wife needed eye drops and all the pharmacies were closed.

This place remind me of Jamaica with all the people on motor bikes, cars honking , aggressive driving, and the energy of the locals. It felt good being here except for all the pollution from the bikes and cars.

We also went to what they call the new city. This area blew me away. From luxury cars to all restaurants and hotels. Dumb me only thought of mountains, spices, camel riding and etc. Basically what they show on tv.

Back
Top Bottom