FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

My man went to Spain a few years ago and brought me back some Saffron. Added it to rice and it was good as hell. I need to look into getting more but now A aham and ahat ahat are telling me to beware of the fakers.

So how would I know its legit in the store?

My man went to Spain a few years ago and brought me back some Saffron. Added it to rice and it was good as hell. I need to look into getting more but now A aham and ahat ahat are telling me to beware of the fakers.

The shape of the threads. It should have a bulb or a kinda "triangle" shape at one end. The smell also, should be a sweet smell.

Made Golden Curry Chicken Katsu for the first time today...

Screenshot_20240410_214520_Gallery.jpg

Stupid question alert.

Can you still cook with fake saffron similar to how you have imitation vanilla? I ask because I want to know what to do if my saffron is not real.

Edit: saw this on Reddit
IMG_5636.png

The shape of the threads. It should have a bulb or a kinda "triangle" shape at one end. The smell also, should be a sweet smell.

I got some for a recipe but couldn't really taste it or see what it added to it. First time using it so had no reference. It was saffron from Spain not Iran so maybe it was fugazi? Got that Expensive little bitty bottle from Costco smh.

20240306_204734.jpg

General question to all.

How often do you use your dishwasher?

I grew up without one so now that I have one (moved last year) , I still don't use it but I know I should. Hard to break the habit.

So how often do yall use yours?

General question to all.

I grew up without one so now that I have one (moved last year) , I still don't use it but I know I should. Hard to break the habit.

Like every other day. Mine is small though.

I quickly rinse off the solids and stick them in there. When it’s full I run it. Usually after dinner of before i go to sleep.

Cascade platinum plus is the best detergent. But they also have a “free” version that has no dyes and less fragrance.

General question to all.

I've got myself & a teenage son and we run ours probably 2x a week.
I'm assuming since this is your first dishwasher, maybe you're not too familiar with them, so apologies in advance if these are unwelcome:
- Rinse off solids and flat things like herbs or bits of lettuce.
- Make sure the plastics you put in have a dishwasher logo somewhere, most likely in the bottom.

General question to all.

Few times a week. We also use a lot of paper plates tho (as you’ve seen in my posts) so it’s not as often as it otherwise would be

General question to all.

5-6 times a week. Pretty much everytime after I cook.

Back
Top Bottom