IMG_5650.jpeg

IMG_5651.jpeg
IMG_5652.jpeg
IMG_5653.jpeg

Was able to score a reservation at Laser Wolf in Brooklyn for last night:
IMG_6231.jpeg

IMG_6232.jpeg

IMG_6233.jpeg

Honestly felt it was overrated. The unlimited salatim and pita were cool, but I really didn’t like their pricing structure and how little protein they give you as a serving size. ONE of those kebabs cost $52 because they “factor in the cost of the unlimited salatim/pita.” We wanted to order more food, but our server encouraged us not to, stating we had already ordered “a lot of food” and that it would be too much. Lo and behold we all left hungry and wishing she had let us order the way we wanted to from the jump. Between this and Suraya in Philly, I much prefer Suraya. Cheaper, better dips/pita, and much larger protein portions. This is one of the harder reservations to get in the city and I fail to see why. Won’t be back.

Ended up walking over to Jubilee in Greenpoint to try that viral $2.50 cheeseburger that’s been floating around social media:
IMG_1806.jpeg

Maybe I’m a tough critic because I know my way around a #smashmouth, but I thought this was kind of trash. The sauce they use for this is like a kimchi mayo which I thought didn’t work at all for this type of burger. The onions weren’t really cooked down at all either, just kind of soft/steamed. 2 out of the 4 of us took one bite, said “I don’t like this” and gave the rest of their burger to the person sitting next to them.

Best food of the day were all of the cookies and pastries we ate at Fortunato Brothers before the meal. Didn’t take pics though.

Was able to score a reservation at Laser Wolf in Brooklyn for last night:
IMG_6231.jpeg

IMG_6232.jpeg

IMG_6233.jpeg

Honestly felt it was overrated. The unlimited salatim and pita were cool, but I really didn’t like their pricing structure and how little protein they give you as a serving size. ONE of those kebabs cost $52 because they “factor in the cost of the unlimited salatim/pita.” We wanted to order more food, but our server encouraged us not to, stating we had already ordered “a lot of food” and that it would be too much. Lo and behold we all left hungry and wishing she had let us order the way we wanted to from the jump. Between this and Suraya in Philly, I much prefer Suraya. Cheaper, better dips/pita, and much larger protein portions. This is one of the harder reservations to get in the city and I fail to see why. Won’t be back.

Ended up walking over to Jubilee in Greenpoint to try that viral $2.50 cheeseburger that’s been floating around social media:
IMG_1806.jpeg

Maybe I’m a tough critic because I know my way around a #smashmouth, but I thought this was kind of trash. The sauce they use for this is like a kimchi mayo which I thought didn’t work at all for this type of burger. The onions weren’t really cooked down at all either, just kind of soft/steamed. 2 out of the 4 of us took one bite, said “I don’t like this” and gave the rest of their burger to the person sitting next to them.

Best food of the day were all of the cookies and pastries we ate at Fortunato Brothers before the meal. Didn’t take pics though.

Fortunato brothers is a community staple. That was where we all got our pastries and cakes for big celebrations. I grew up in greenpoint before it turned to hipster central. It’s really underrated. Their pistachio cannoli is something else.

Fortunato brothers is a community staple. That was where we all got our pastries and cakes for big celebrations. I grew up in greenpoint before it turned to hipster central. It’s really underrated. Their pistachio cannoli is something else.
I always see their page on IG. Stuff looks amazing there

Earlier today @ The Metropolitan in Glen Cove, Long Island NY. Cousin & his wife had their 1 year oldest 1st birthday celebration here. All the food was so good. The samosas were piping hot & fresh & the pasta was perfect. Def enjoyed the quesadilla bar too.
20240414_132116.jpg
20240414_132435.jpg
20240414_135109.jpg
20240414_135113.jpg
20240414_135144.jpg
20240414_153411.jpg
20240414_153425.jpg
20240414_153523.jpg
20240414_153619.jpg
20240414_155439.jpg

Back
Top Bottom