Fools Wildin Thinking They Doing It Unappreciation Vol Get The @#*+ out

PortlyOrganicAustraliankelpie-size_restricted.gif

I can’t say I have a problem with that in the main. If I buy a gym pass I can’t give it to someone else to use - that’s not the agreement.

A few $ extra isn’t bad.

There are a few issues like kids at college and stuff like that - I’m sure they can work those out though.

I don’t get the argument that all those people will leave - they aren’t paying anyway so if even a few of them sign up in their own right or as an add-on then that’s more income for Netflix.

Not sure they’re going about it in a. Good way though - the PR could be a problem.

I can’t say I have a problem with that in the main. If I buy a gym pass I can’t give it to someone else to use - that’s not the agreement.

A few $ extra isn’t bad.

There are a few issues like kids at college and stuff like that - I’m sure they can work those out though.

I don’t get the argument that all those people will leave - they aren’t paying anyway so if even a few of them sign up in their own right or as an add-on then that’s more income for Netflix.

Not sure they’re going about it in a. Good way though - the PR could be a problem.

They're adding commercials to make up for the losses. Netflix is in trouble right now.

Netflix's problem is that they never anticipated this. You can't just decide overnight to put in advertising. They've never had ads. They have to build an ad department, and then that department has to convince brands to get on board. If subscribers are jumping ship left and right, why would big brands want to advertise on there?

A few $ extra isn’t bad.

Right but it was like that gym gave you 5 guest passes and didn't specify you have to be in the same home. Sharing isn't even as black and white as they make it, it's like you said kids in college, travel for work etc.

Right but it was like that gym gave you 5 guest passes and didn't specify you have to be in the same home. Sharing isn't even as black and white as they make it, it's like you said kids in college, travel for work etc.

The travel thing is key. I remember going to Mexico, and episodes of TV shows that I'd "downloaded" to my iPad were blocked if I was on WiFi. I had to turn off the WiFi in order to watch them so they wouldn't get region blocked. If someone travels regularly between New York and Los Angeles (just an example), are they not going to be able to use their own Netflix account in one of those cities?

I dunno - I don’t think it is like they gave you guest passes. You log in with a single ID - it’s more like your gym pass doesn’t have a photo on it so you pass it around.

I’m sure they can work out travel too - my credit card can work out what is fishy with a fairly basic algorithm, they could do the same.

Back
Top Bottom