Football Question

thats a more accurate image of me, i have filled out a lot.....but thanks for the comments, like someone mentioned earlier i dont want to regret never trying

Have you ever played contact sports? I mean basketball is physical, but not on the level of football. I find that a lot of football players that aren't the most gifted athletes, can be tremendous football players because they can rely on their physical play rather than just pure athleticism. Football takes tenacity.

also, if you are going to try a skill position like HB or WR take into account the difficulty of handling a football (catching,protecting) at game speed.

becoming a starter as a walk on is a difficult thing to do, but going hard in workouts and practices can get you noticed and possibly on special teams.

Best of luck man, Hope you are able to accomplish any goals you have withing the sport.

Have you ever played contact sports? I mean basketball is physical, but not on the level of football. I find that a lot of football players that aren't the most gifted athletes, can be tremendous football players because they can rely on their physical play rather than just pure athleticism. Football takes tenacity.

also, if you are going to try a skill position like HB or WR take into account the difficulty of handling a football (catching,protecting) at game speed.

becoming a starter as a walk on is a difficult thing to do, but going hard in workouts and practices can get you noticed and possibly on special teams.

Best of luck man, Hope you are able to accomplish any goals you have withing the sport.

If you consider to do so, i would start now trying to run with a football and catching properly just so it starts to feel natural so you eliminate any type of little things for you to be coached up on.
But you have the Size and the Speed, as long as you aren't a complete klutz, there should be a spot for you on the field.

If you consider to do so, i would start now trying to run with a football and catching properly just so it starts to feel natural so you eliminate any type of little things for you to be coached up on.
But you have the Size and the Speed, as long as you aren't a complete klutz, there should be a spot for you on the field.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

aye dre did you play college ball? random but I always wondered.
laugh.gif
Man hell no. I wish.

I know guys playing football with partial track scholarships, however i have a full track scholarship ...But yes i have pretty long arms i think 

Yeah, it's gonna be a little bit more tricky since you are on full scholly.

And since you know dudes playing football you should practice some of the drills they do. Get acclimated to it. Say you know a WR, you do some of those drills and workouts and you'll find out very quickly if you would be able to play that position simply from a physical standpoint.

Biggest thing is going to be the mental aspect, knowledge of the game, and the physical part (Tackling and/or being a tackling dummy). But hell even if you're on scout (and you get to travel
pimp.gif
) that's an accomplishment in itself.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

aye dre did you play college ball? random but I always wondered.
laugh.gif
Man hell no. I wish.

I know guys playing football with partial track scholarships, however i have a full track scholarship ...But yes i have pretty long arms i think 

Yeah, it's gonna be a little bit more tricky since you are on full scholly.

And since you know dudes playing football you should practice some of the drills they do. Get acclimated to it. Say you know a WR, you do some of those drills and workouts and you'll find out very quickly if you would be able to play that position simply from a physical standpoint.

Biggest thing is going to be the mental aspect, knowledge of the game, and the physical part (Tackling and/or being a tackling dummy). But hell even if you're on scout (and you get to travel
pimp.gif
) that's an accomplishment in itself.

Looking at your body type I'm thinking Safety or an undersized weakside Linebacker. It should be easier for you to pick up the Defensive side of the ball. They also cant really limit you in what plays they run for you as they can on Offense. Just go out and make plays.

Looking at your body type I'm thinking Safety or an undersized weakside Linebacker. It should be easier for you to pick up the Defensive side of the ball. They also cant really limit you in what plays they run for you as they can on Offense. Just go out and make plays.

Back
Top Bottom