for 3M fanatics, vapor flash jacket

Thanks for all the help guys, will be getting the Black Windrunner. Super pumped!

I'm guessing cycling + dust in the air.  When I first got it, I wore it a few times just out and about, washed it and there would be little specks missing.  But after cycling in it, there are huge pieces missing on the sleeves.  Ill take a pic

The little specs missing, did that look bad to you initially(before this happened lol), was it something noticeable and/or did it take away from the reflectivity? That's what's keeping me from taking the plunge, I just hate that it's only in the UK & I can't see it in person myself. And I wouldn't wanna go through shipping it back to them if I didn't like it

The little specs missing, did that look bad to you initially(before this happened lol), was it something noticeable and/or did it take away from the reflectivity? That's what's keeping me from taking the plunge, I just hate that it's only in the UK & I can't see it in person myself. And I wouldn't wanna go through shipping it back to them if I didn't like it

When I first got it, I expected little imperfections. Read a review about it on nike.com and it mentioned this. The small ones arent noticeable and doesn't take away from the 3m reflecting. If you buy it, just don't ride a bike with it .:smokin

Went on a 30 mile ride today in 45 degrees with about a 5-8 mph wind. Even while sprinting 25-30mph I couldn't feel the wind. I'm really diggin' the pockets with cord management built-in. The jacket is waterproof except for the Elasticated Ribbed Hem &
Elasticated Ribbed Cuffs which get soaked; I realized this after rinsing all the sweat, oil, and anything else off after my workout.

Also, so many broken necks and cars slowing down to check me out, everyone also gave me the proper amount of space on the road which usually doesn't happen even during the daytime; the safest I've felt on the road by far.

ya I feel this jacket more for style then actual sports use because of cuffs. no idea why i didnt just multi quote.... sorry

Last edited:
ordered last night from sportsshoes.com! very excited! thanks to whoever posted the link originally

Oh no, thanks for the heads up, this is definitely terrible news for me, guess I'll just be rockin' the hat then when I ride.

you would think a jacket that retails for 400+ can with stand better conditions... nike with their high price and bad quality.... :rolleyes

yeah WTF!? has the durability I feared, can't really "put it to use" as I planned, gonna have to baby it, and I'm only gonna hand wash. Wait I forget is the silver waterproof like the new black one? I'm wondering if the waterproof layer on the black will make a difference durability wise.

ya I feel this jacket more for style then actual sports use because of cuffs. no idea why i didnt just multi quote.... sorry

:\ yeah seems so. np lol

ordered last night from sportsshoes.com! very excited! thanks to whoever posted the link originally

glad to help; is and was a group effort for links and order/shipping related info but I'll take a little bit of the credit for getting the ball rolling for the black being sold on Sportshoes/Amazon. damn looks like sportsshoes is sold out of the womens silver now.

Last edited:

WTF Nike my Olympic jacket ripped? I run in it all the time but damn! Can Nike do anything for me or I'm SOL?

The rip is on the right side, the steam connecting the hood and torso is coming apart. Also for those who have the jacket the red trim around the hood and torso of the jacket came apart. It was glued on and now its just hanging. Nike said they will look at it and if it is indeed a defect they will send me a voucher. So i payed 200 and may be getting back 450.

The rip is on the right side, the steam connecting the hood and torso is coming apart. Also for those who have the jacket the red trim around the hood and torso of the jacket came apart. It was glued on and now its just hanging. Nike said they will look at it and if it is indeed a defect they will send me a voucher. So i payed 200 and may be getting back 450.

you will get the 450 back. I got a jacket when they first came out, and i washed it once and it had all these weird spots on it. Luckily i waited a month and was able to get another one for $80

Sh*t Out of Luck because Nike doesn't make/sell these anymore and EyeSeeSoles is not sure what can be done to remedy this.

The Nike rep I talked to said this product is still "Active" but I doubt I'll get another one after this fiasco. Jacket is nice but in all honesty it isn't built well. Looks can be deceiving. Other brands provide a better jacket for less the cost. Like I said I used it to run. Washed it by hand. So idk wtf is up.

you will get the 450 back. I got a jacket when they first came out, and i washed it once and it had all these weird spots on it. Luckily i waited a month and was able to get another one for $80

How does it work tho? Is it like a gift card? I'd only get this jacket again if I can get it with the voucher for the price you paid. And I'd only get it to STUNT this time. The attention this jacket gets is on another level. One dude stoped me during my run because he thought I was a runner in the US Olympic team :smokin

Last edited:
How does it work tho? Is it like a gift card? I'd only get this jacket again if I can get it with the voucher for the price you paid. And I'd only get it to STUNT this time. The attention this jacket gets is on another level. One dude stoped me during my run because he thought I was a runner in the US Olympic team :smokin

yes, it's a gift card- although you can ONLY use it on NDC.

Did you call or email Nike?  Might have to do this with my spotty 21st cen windrunner.

thanks

edit: sorry, saw that you said you talked to a rep.  thanks

Last edited:

I wear mine strictly for recreational purposes only.. No running no jogging.. Just being "Flashy" lol but i too have. Gotten stopped and asked if i was in the Olympics... My answer... Yes for long range shooting.. Than they leave me alone

Just filed a claim with Nike. A part of me wants the claim to be rejected cause I don't want to lose my 21st windrunner. I know I'll never get another one.

Back
Top Bottom