For fans of Jimmy Kimmel Live, RIP to Uncle Frank

jimmy-kimmel-live1.jpg

Sad news for fans of "Jimmy Kimmel Live!". Frequent guest comedian Uncle Frank Potenza -- Kimmel's real uncle -- passed away early Tuesday morning (August 23) at age 77.

Fans expressed their condolences to Kimmel, who thanked them for reaching out via Twitter. "thank you for your kind words about a very kind man - my Uncle Frank - who passed away this morning," he wrote.

He then spent some time re-tweeting fans' memories of Potenza, including one fan who received the "funniest letter ever," from Uncle Frank, and another who once rode a subway with him. "RIP Uncle Frank, his comic timing took a lifetime to earn. Today I eat cake for him," said another.

ABC released a statement honoring Potenza as "beloved by his co-workers and considered an uncle to all." The show returns Sept. 6.

Born in Brookly, Potenza was a Korean War vet and a police officer. Later, worked as a guard in Las Vegas and Manhattan before moving to Los Angeles to work with Kimmel. He is survived by three daughters and a newborn granddaughter.

RIP
frown.gif
Him and Guillermo would make that show hilarious. He was always cool with doing whatever crazy stuff Kimmel wanted him to do for sketches
laugh.gif

That's very sad to hear
frown.gif
. He looks alot younger than 77 years old, wow. 
RIP to that man, he lived a full interesting life.

Wow. From watching him on the show it's crazy for me to imagine him as a soldier in the Korean war or a cop.

He was really Uncle Frank to a friend of mine and she's quite distraught. She was at the tribute this evening. 
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom