+ ? for my NTer's who workout..... +

Originally Posted by wj4

Pre workout for me is a can of tuna and a scoop of Whey protein, about 45 mins before workout session. Post workout meal is when I feast.
laugh.gif

how is that? I'm planning to buy one of those.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by SharpiePoint

Originally Posted by Dakingii

You dont really need any supplements all you need is hardwork, dedication, and to eat the right types of foods.

So far i havent used any supplements and i am gaining weight and muscle. But i work out 2 times a day(morning and night) almost every day
Well that sure makes your results come faster, you are doing twice the work in one week than someone in one week does.
working out twice a day, everyday = FAIL
Superfail....Let your body rest fam.

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

SharpiePoint wrote:

Dakingii wrote:

You dont really need any supplements all you need is hardwork, dedication, and to eat the right types of foods.

So far i havent used any supplements and i am gaining weight and muscle. But i work out 2 times a day(morning and night) almost every day
Well that sure makes your results come faster, you are doing twice the work in one week than someone in one week does.
working out twice a day, everyday = FAIL

Superfail....Let your body rest fam.

thats why i said almost everyday. Recently i keep getting lazy and not doing my workouts. Im a pretty lazy guy so i try to be consistent. I know you arentsuppose to work out everyday. Im not new to this

I took NO a few weeks ago and it was just making me way too hyped. I think it has too much caffeine.

Now I'm taking Super Pump 250

Originally Posted by BallinB

Originally Posted by Fade On You

all you need is protein..muscle milk all day. dont waste your money on creatine, nitrogen, none of that bs is necessary

laugh.gif
Muscle milk is one of the most popular and beneficial protein supplements on the market
indifferent.gif
. Some of you are quick to laugh but are so ignorant about this topic
So you buy it because its popular? Or do you buy it because it tastes good slick?

Did you ever take time out to read the label? The fat content in muscle milk is through the roof.

Calories 300.00
Calories from fat 110.0
Total Fat 12g or 18%

Muscle milk has Casein which is a slow digesting protein, and the fat content in muscle milk will slow down digestion and will take forever to get the proteininto your system. When you work out you want something that acts fast not slow...after working out your muscles are in a state of Catabolism, and you want toSTOP the Catabolism, not let it sit there while you wait forever for your muscle milk to start to work.

And ignorant about the topic?
laugh.gif
Son im a personal trainer aside from myday job, sucka. Holla if you need some help and enjoy your man boobs while you wait for your muscle milk to kick in.

all you need is protein..muscle milk all day. dont waste your money on creatine, nitrogen, none of that bs is necessary

laugh.gif
Muscle milk is one of the most popular and beneficial protein supplements on the market
indifferent.gif
So you buy it because its popular? Or do you buy it because it tastes good slick?

Did you ever take time out to read the label? The fat content in muscle milk is through the roof.

Calories 300.00
Calories from fat 110.0
Total Fat 12g or 18%

Muscle milk has Casein which is a slow digesting protein, and the fat content in muscle milk will slow down digestion and will take forever to get the protein into your system. When you work out you want something that acts fast not slow...after working out your muscles are in a state of Catabolism, and you want to STOP the Catabolism, not let it sit there while you wait forever for your muscle milk to start to work.

laugh.gif
Son im a personal trainer aside from my day job, sucka. Holla if you need some help and enjoy your man boobs while you wait for your muscle milk to kick in.
this is the main reason why I stay away from drinks such as these....They are really to be used as meal replacements.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Calories 300.00
Calories from fat 110.0
Total Fat 12g or 18%

Muscle milk has Casein which is a slow digesting protein, and the fat content in muscle milk will slow down digestion and will take forever to get the protein into your system. When you work out you want something that acts fast not slow...after working out your muscles are in a state of Catabolism, and you want to STOP the Catabolism, not let it sit there while you wait forever for your muscle milk to start to work.

laugh.gif
Son im a personal trainer aside from my day job, sucka. Holla if you need some help and enjoy your man boobs while you wait for your muscle milk to kick in.
this is the main reason why I stay away from drinks such as these....They are really to be used as meal replacements.
Right. Of if you burn off extreme amounts of calories a day that require you to take in that many calories.

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

Originally Posted by wj4

Pre workout for me is a can of tuna and a scoop of Whey protein, about 45 mins before workout session. Post workout meal is when I feast.
laugh.gif

how is that? I'm planning to buy one of those.
It's OK. I've been working out for the last 5 months or so...6 days a week, 2 hours a day. I only started taking Whey protein about 2weeks ago when I got a gift card to Vitamin World. I take a scoop in with my lunch, around 11AM. A scoop in with the tuna for pre work out. And anotherscoop right after I'm done with the work out. I factor all the cals intake in to make sure I'm still within my BMR daily limit too BTW. I'mcurrently on Vitamin World's brand of Whey Protein....1 scoop has 100 cals and 26g of protein. When this bucket runs out, I'm going to try 4Ever WheyIsolate next..simply because it has about 10g of protein more and still around 110 cals. Whey is no magic bullet though, I just use it because it's aconvenient source of protein. Still sweat my butt off in the gym.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Calories 300.00
Calories from fat 110.0
Total Fat 12g or 18%

laugh.gif
Right. Of if you burn off extreme amounts of calories a day that require you to take in that many calories.
I take muscle milk because I work out and play basketball 6 times a week. I burn a lot of calories a day so I need a supplement that providesenough fat and calories. I eat 6 meals a day "son", and don't need any advice from you incompetent trainers. Stick to your day job sucka
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

a banana or oatmeal maybe some tuna

eating well > supplements
Supplement isn't meant to replace what you eat. It's suppose to aid it. It's like Scottie Pippen to MJ or Robin to Batman. I doagree with you that your diet plays the biggest role, however a lot of people workout during their lunch breaks and such and do not have the luxury of eating awell rounded meal after or before. This is my post work out meal: 3 egg whites, a cup of sliced watermelon, string cheese, banana, extra lean turkey breastwith avocado, low fat yogurt with a wheat bread. If I had to go back to work after working out, there's no way I can consume something like that.

Diet is the biggest part, supplements help...ON 100% whey x White Flood (Preworkout Pump) x Green Magnitude (creatine) x Animal Pak (multivitamin)

Theres a LOT of bad informtion/advice being given in this thread.
smh.gif

Just because you work out frequently doesnt make you an expert on supplements.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

Theres a LOT of bad informtion/advice being given in this thread.
smh.gif

Just because you work out frequently doesnt make you an expert on supplements.

smh.gif
You should probably drop some knowledge then and be an asset to the thread.

A lot of people forget that everyone has different goal when working out. Some wanna lean, some wanna bulk up..hence why there's so many different form ofsupplements out there with diff nutrition stats.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Calories 300.00
Calories from fat 110.0
Total Fat 12g or 18%

laugh.gif
I take muscle milk because I work out and play basketball 6 times a week. I burn a lot of calories a day so I need a supplement that provides enough fat and calories. I eat 6 meals a day "son", and don't need any advice from you incompetent trainers. Stick to your day job sucka
laugh.gif

cookie.gif

Easy Ballin +*%*+. OP asked for PRE WORKOUT supplements Go drink some muscle milk and tell me how thats workin out forya.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
You play basketball and eat 6 meals a day and suddenly your gonna be on the cover of the nextBB mag?
laugh.gif
roll.gif

so I just got back into lifting again after like a year's hiatus. I never took any supplements. People would say they saw improvements in my body (e.g. mymom after not seeing for like a few weeks when i was away at school where i workout) but I kinda feel like the gain is veryyyyyy slooow. would you guys suggestI take something or just keep lifting?

^
you don't really need to take any supplements. i'd just get a good protein powder like thishttp://www.bestpricenutrition.com/optimum-nutrition-100-natural-whey-2-lbs-pr-20257.html

btw, for anyone looking to buy supps online, thats a pretty good site, they have much better prices than any stores i've been to.

for a while i was on no xplod, nitrix (i think that's what it was...), and cell mass (creatine) and while i saw gains, it made it a pain in the $!$ to eatright because you arent supposed to eat a half hour before or until 2 hours after you take it. i had like 2 hours a day that i could eat
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jw air

smh at muscle milk
i heard muscle milk causes acne

i made more gains when i was using basic whey protein, and glutamine powder. compared to using NO, i looked like somebody pump air into my muscles. A monthlater i looked flat
sick.gif
. cheapest thing you can buy when it comes tobuilding muscle is whey and glutiamine.

I workout on an empty stomach or close to an empty stomach. Eating something high in sugar/carbs like fruit are all that I need to keep me going. After,I'll take some whey protein or kefir. I eat a huge meal after I workout, so I don't worry too much.

Animal Pump anyone? I've been getting some good results cycling this and using Lean-Pro Matrix as my base protein. I can't knock how good Muscle Milktastes though...

Back
Top Bottom