For people that moved out the parents house...

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

What is your reasoning behind moving out?
You may have the funds (depends where you live but i wouldn't say 8k is enough) but you also have to have a good reason to go. Too many people move out simply because, "I want to live on my own". I always scratch my head at that one. As if living on your own is some sort of feat in and of itself.

People want to get away from their parents, feel accomplished by having their own home or like they have to have to because of their age.
yea, everyone needs their own "me" time at some point of their life
That's the thing. I think people overestimate the "me" time and underestimate financial security.

There are some things that I don't like while living at home but tough on me. I can't have my cake and eat it too. If I want to make it a bit easier on myself financially in the future then I have to sacrifice some things now.
I have piece of mind knowing that if something comes up and I need to spend a few k, then it's no biggie. Or if my family or any close friends need some financial help I can pitch in too.

My brothers going to grad school and I offered to pay for his semester. That's much more comforting to me t then having some more "me" time yet him going into debt. I pay the bills are my parents house as a symbolic thing and it feels good to help out even if they don't really need the help.

In the rest of the world, kids stay a lot longer with their parents.

well said. 

Back
Top Bottom