FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DON'T KNOW: THE BIBLE SAYS WE SHOULDN'T GET TATTOOS

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

I will say my peace.

"You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead,
nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord."

The first half of this verse is very important and the first thing that stuck out.
"dont cut yourself for the dead"
OK...now read the second part.

Thats a compound sentence with two clauses. Don't make us go back go grammar school

The "Lord" said to "not make any marks on your skin or tattoos"

The amazing part is that the word Tattoos can only be traced back to around the time the KJV was released if you look at the etmology of the word....just more proof that the translation from Aramaic to Latin to English of the bible went through MANY different formats

The fact is, you're choosing to ignore what is written in front of you. 

God wouldn't like you twisting his words, would he?...since god is a man and all...

Off rip, that is not something that "makes sense" to us.

Various cultures do death markings. Just because YOU don't do it, doesn't mean it wasn't something done back then. 
You would think dont cut yourself cause someone died or in the memory of someone.
In that time, people would cut themselves for pagan Gods, and mark themselves for Gods as a form of worship.
Thats what that verse was talking about. God was saying to not do this because it was act of honoring false Gods.

Whats a pagan god? Any god you don't follow? So how do they view your god? as a pagan?

Whats a false god? Any god you don't follow? How are certain you follow the true god? Cause it says its the true god? 
laugh.gif

Dont be associated with those things.
If you are not getting a tattoo to honor a false pagan god then how can it be a sin.

THE SECOND CLAUSE OF THE COMPOUND SENTENCE TO NOT GET TATTOOS. 

READ.

You left out half of the freaking sentence! 
roll.gif

What about: "nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord." Doesn't make sense to you? 

Man...
30t6p3b.gif

To take it further flesh doesn't not inherit the kingdom.

Oh really? What does then? The spirit? And where is that located exactly? Tell me. I need to look for it in my Netters or Grays anatomy book. 
eyes.gif

They have many verses in Leviticus that ban sea food pork, but in Romans and Mark all that is null.

361se0.jpg

roll.gif

Did Jesus change his mind?

dzQLb.png

Pretty clear. Jesus said all the rules still exist, all he will do is add to them. 

Try again.

"Nothing that comes inside of you can taint, its what goes out" Mark:15

OK...what does that have to do with god telling you NOT TO EAT SEAFOOD?

How do you know this doesn't apply to already pre-approved foods?

How the hell can you just pick a verse to make a wild point like this? 

This is why no one respects your religion but ya'll cry fowl all the time.
roll.gif
 You don't even take it seriously. 

You go to google and look for a verse that will back up what you're saying then act like god all of a sudden means this through some backwards translation of whats not even on the paper. 

You can't even be honest. 

A tat is only a physical aspect, this body will return to ashes.

So is seafood, but god told you not to eat that either.
roll.gif

Does that mean that verse is saying you can do what ever you want with your body? No
Thats what you said. You said whatever I put in or on my body doesn't matter so I can do what ever I want. 

Now you're backtracking. Make up your mind. 

There are certain things though physical, also carry spiritual ties(example -sex)

Whats so spiritual about sex?

Isn't it funny that with advances in neuroscience, we can describe the impact of sex on the body to a greater degree than they could back then? we even know the chemicals, pathways, and substrates at work. 
laugh.gif

Its not spiritual. Sorry. Try again.

All people saying "I knew that" Its obvious you guys didn't read the verse looking for understanding.

W7Wzq.png

cNESf.png

Someone just told you and you just ran with it,which we do too much. 
laugh.gif

Let me get this straight.

You read something.

Verbatim.

And you still got it wrong.

If I attack your schooling, I might get told I'm being "mean" for it...but I must truly wonder...do you just make things up when you don't understand them, or are you just fundamentally dishonest?

its an honest question.

There is no way a rational woman, like I hope you really and truly are, could have twisted the words of a book you hold to be so pure and innate.

And not only that, you justified it with another reference.

From another chapter of the bible. 

From the other half of the bible.

And it wasn't even in its original context.

You cherry-picked the hell out of that quote and plopped it down.

Your original quote doesn't even leave a doubt as to who said it...it says "lord"

Doesn't get ANY CLEARER than that.

Tattoos = Sin.

Unless you don't believe in sin. 
laugh.gif

This is why the atheist ninja stay "winning"discussions 
laugh.gif

Yeah, that logic thing. Gets me too sometimes. 
grin.gif

*last religion post ever 
happy.gif

Given your propensity for lying... 
eyes.gif

As a side note, whats up with the bible sounding like a 5 year old wrote it? I AM THA LORD! As if we didn't know who the supposed person in the bible is. "it is me...lord god...because I am god...you know..." LOL! Its like a little kid talking in third person. 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom