For those of you who cut your own hair

Reaction score
What instrument do you use for line ups?

And can you guys recommend me a clipper or trimmer or something that cuts your hair at about 1.5-3 inches?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

imgname--gillete_fusion_fivebladed_razor---50226711--images--gillete5blades.jpg

I got a Wahl Kit from like Walmart that works pretty well for cutting my hair

for lineups get yourself an Andis T-Liner

WHAL clippers, dif sets/ trimmers to suite your needs...i give myself buzzcuts..not straight lines necessary here

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I have an Andis T-Liner and it edges up pretty nicely, even better after you adjust the blades.
does the andis t-liner work well if i normally get my hair cut around 1.5-2 inches? i thought andis products don't go past 1 inch, and mostgoing go by 1/8,2/8...etc until it reaches 8/8 and that's the limit.

am i incorrect?

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

I got a Wahl Kit from like Walmart that works pretty well for cutting my hair

for lineups get yourself an Andis T-Liner
what's it's limit? I usually get my hair 1.5-2. and it seems like t-liner is only good for really really short hair

The Andis T-outliner is a trimmer...which is used for line-ups.

You're asking for a clipper? There are many to choose from... but the 2 best ones (the ones the barbers use) are the Oster Classic 76, and the AndisMaster.

The difference between these two is that the Master is an adjustable clipper (you can adjust the blades, and thus the length of the cut by manipulating thelever on the side), while with the Oster, you have to buy different blades for different cuts.

You can buy clipper guards to offer even more flexibility with your cut length.

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

You're asking for a clipper? There are many to choose from... but the 2 best ones (the ones the barbers use) are the Oster Classic 76, and the Andis Master.

The difference between these two is that the Master is an adjustable clipper (you can adjust the blades, and thus the length of the cut by manipulating the lever on the side), while with the Oster, you have to buy different blades for different cuts.

From your personal experience which do you think is better, a regular andis t-liner or a Andis pro styliner 2 trimmer?

http://www.amazon.com/AND...id=1239391278&sr=8-2

Both of them cut very well when the blades are adjusted properly but the big difference is the Styliners run cooler because the housing is hard plastic .Thereis almost a break in period for the T-Outliners cause they run hot for a while but after a while its doesnt run as hot . Ut if you are only cutting yourselfthe heat shouldnt be a problem .

Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko 979

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

You're asking for a clipper? There are many to choose from... but the 2 best ones (the ones the barbers use) are the Oster Classic 76, and the Andis Master.

The difference between these two is that the Master is an adjustable clipper (you can adjust the blades, and thus the length of the cut by manipulating the lever on the side), while with the Oster, you have to buy different blades for different cuts.

From your personal experience which do you think is better, a regular andis t-liner or a Andis pro styliner 2 trimmer?

http://www.amazon.com/AND...id=1239391278&sr=8-2

I haven't used the Styliner, but i've heard good things about it (even about how it's better than the Outliner). The Outliner is thestatus-quo... there really isn't anything too wrong with it other than the fact that I think it overheats a little too fast, but most trimmers probablyhave that problem anyway.

At the end of the day, I suppose you can't go wrong with either one.

Originally Posted by mextra45

Both of them cut very well when the blades are adjusted properly but the big difference is the Styliners run cooler because the housing is hard plastic .There is almost a break in period for the T-Outliners cause they run hot for a while but after a while its doesnt run as hot . Ut if you are only cutting yourself the heat shouldnt be a problem .

what CLIPPERS do you use for your hair? i'm looking for a clipper that doesn't cut hair too short

Ive been cutting my hair for a while and got an Andis machine..

I need something better.. that is able to fade and cut using those plastic blade guards to adjust lenghth.

need a really good overall machine. For line ups I use a blade.. that razor posted above is decent because of the blade it has on the back..... practice is amust tho

Back
Top Bottom