For those that have balled in the Jordan XI and Jordan XII, Can you give a comparison?

I've only alled in the OG XI and XII , never in a retro due to the fact that there has been a barage of great ball shoes after they came out. But nonetheless they are the epitome of basketball kicks when they came out.

Here is what I remember about them:

Ankle support : both were pretty even at this department. But The XII ankle area is more stiff and the memory foam at that time hugs more than onthe XI. Bothe has to be tied often to maintain the fit you want when ballin so I tie my shoe laces twice to avoid loosening .

Traction: these babies were built like tanks in their OG forms. I've balled in them in hardwood and in rough cement and still lasted me more than a year of serious balling. But still I will give it to the XII because it's sole is a little bit tougher than the XI.

Stability: at that time these are the most stable shoes you could buy so I would score it even.
Weight: due to the materials that has been used in these the XII would definitely weigh more but the added weight is negligible. We could not compare their weight with the retros due to the diffrence I materials used . But still even OGs are heavier I still prefer them.

Flexibility: both were not that flexible unlike modern shoes like KBs for the very obvious reason and in fact all shoes at time and Js in general needs a good amount of break in time to enjoy their performance that's why I was amazed that MJ wears a fresh pair every game not because it's to expensive but the fact of wearing a stiff shoe that hasn't been broken in fully every game. but oh well he won 6 ring with that custom and I got none so who am I to question the GOAT
laugh.gif

Build quality: pretty much even they are both well built and will last you quit a few balling hours but the XII before has a problem withe the metal lace loops getting detached after many hours of balling and if you often tie them tight but aside from that it will last you more than you would expect them to be, they are lime tanks, wish that the retros are still built the same way.

Style: I wouldn't dare touch this area coz they are both icons in their own right and has won the admiration of many .

I haven't balled in the countdown 11s but I have balled in the CDP 12s like the one in your picture.

Cushioning: Very Good. Soft yet responsive. Has a bouncy feeling.

Traction: No complaints.

Weight: In my opinion, they're kind of light but will feel heavier because of the clunky-ness.

Ankle Support: Unless you can manage to tie them up all the way (which will be pretty hard to do unless you go half a size up), the ankle support is pretty bad. The laces get loose easily which can cause instability when cutting and landing.

Comfort: The comfort would be near-perfect if it weren't for the flawed lacing system.

Overall: If I could get my hands on a low-top pair, I'd definitely ball in them. Otherwise, my mids will only be for casual wear.

overall
the XI are a decent shoe
the main problem is that the ankle support is just terrible and it won't last too long
i balled in a 01 bred pair and they didn't work out too great, i ended up spraining my ankle for a month

so i kept those in the storage from that point on and moved unto taxi xii
the taxi's thus far are made for hooping imo
durable
support is off the chains
one bad a** shoe to use

Back
Top Bottom