For those who have a Bachelors Degree, how does it feel?

I'm about to get my B.A. in May from a Top Public University

Got a job lined up with Teach For America.

Good Salary for a beginning professional

Reputable Program, Respectable Profession, Great Networking opportunities.

I feel beyond blessed, SO Fortunate.

keep your head up.

Anyone here got their B.A. or B.S. in Criminal Justice, if so, did it help get you s job in that field??

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Not as good as my MBA.
smokin.gif

Wouldn't be where I am without my BA, working on the second "piece of paper".  BA's open the lock of the door, up to you to turn the knob and walk through it.

Been working since I was 17, never stopped hustling/networking.  I can get fired/laid off today and have a job tomorrow.
B.A. didn't do that. It's not what you know, but who you know.
B.A. is a highschool diploma in 2011. Masters is almost always preferred in 2011. B.A. was a bore, I have ADD so I guess it might be my own experience but I couldn't sit still. I just wanted the diploma so I can go on with my Saturday. I really only did it for my mom. I got the masters as free-be in a credential program. Again, that was a "can you hurry this up" experience. 

You feel "accomplished" when you buy your cap and gown but once you get that paper it's just another day.

There's a better sense of success when you move out your moms and be on your own. 

Let people live, their definition of success if different then your definition of success, no need to be so bitter

Graduating a year from know.  So far it has been useless for me, but maybe that is because I have not taken the specialized classes yet.  I have learned so much more on my own.

Also, for those considering an MBA, many companies are hiring BBAs and training them.  Cheaper that way.

One of my proudest accomplishments. Intern, so you don't end up searching for work. Internships basically job place you. I am a Kinesiology major btw.

Originally Posted by tonton32

Im getting mine this coming may. Ive been studying international affairs and political science, and i cant wait to finally be eligible for all the positions ive been interested in for the last 4 years.

pimp.gif
What positions do you speak of?

I'm a political science major also graduating in May and don't really know what to do after that

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Not as good as my MBA.
smokin.gif

Wouldn't be where I am without my BA, working on the second "piece of paper".  BA's open the lock of the door, up to you to turn the knob and walk through it.
This.  Not enough students out there hustling.  They think a bachelors degree will get companies begging them to come and work. 
laugh.gif
Agreed to the max. Having that degree is not even close to being enough and people tend to say college is not worth it anymore. First of all, if you go to a decent-good school that has a lot of exposure, companies will always recruit. People fail to realize that college is the best way to kick-start your career as a lot of these companies won't probably even invite you to interview after you graduate. Get internships, make connections, and leverage your college's resources. Doing well in school is simply not enough if your resume sucks lol. As for me, it's working out great, my offer is contingent on my obtaining of the degree. But I laid the foundation by interning for this company and they would not have given me a look if I wasn't in the process of obtaining that B.A. Masters will be obtained a couple of years after grad though.

Originally Posted by FDUB

Anyone here got their B.A. or B.S. in Criminal Justice, if so, did it help get you s job in that field??

B.S. in Criminology/Sociology

currently working Juvi. Probation. love it. you gotta be able to critically think and connect with younger people. you walk a fine line between being a person of Authority and a friend/mentor. im 22 so most of my kids see me as a friend because we all like the same things. but i works out because they usually do what i tell them, because they like me haha.

i have a friend that works Abuse & Neglect. ive heard some saaad saad sad stories from there. gotta have a thick skin.

I too wish I knew how it felt to get a BA.....this school thing is great, and I love it, but it feels like a damn marathon at times when I reflect on how many more credits I have, I feel as though I should have had more credits by now.

then another side of me isn't worrying at all because I'm just happy I'm actually here, because when it's over I know for a fact I'm going to miss my college years.

Back
Top Bottom