For You Skinny Jean Wearing Folks; Why?

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Originally Posted by JDocs

Dudes REALLY need to stop confusing Skinny Jeans and Slim-Fit jeans .

I have both (& I'm a girl) .

Skinny jeans are OD tight , tight at the ankles , tight everywhere .

Slim-fit jeans are"boyfriend fit" jeans . They're slim but you also have a lot of room in them .

But it also depends on the person. These are skinny jeans:
No they are not .

They are slim-fit .
No they are skinny jeans. I tried some Levi skinny jeans on and they looked just like that
Like I said ... the term "Skinny Jeans" is used as anything that isn't baggy , which isn't true .

Those are not real "Skinny Jeans" ... they're "Slim-Fit ."
there is no term,

on the TAG of the Levi jeans it says Skinny

img1194j.jpg

but the type of tight you guys are talking about Arent like the levi 511s....they wayyy tighter
just give it up lol

Ch Ill and a few others don't realize that skinny is just the title of the fit. The jeans that look"slim-fit" could easily be skinny jeans orslim-fit jeans. It really depends on the size of the person, the size of the jeans and the name of the fit. Also, there are Levi's 511's AND Levi's510's which are called Super skinny. Those are probably the ones that you'd have a problem with. The regular 511's are called skinny jeans but theyare nowhere near skin tight. They are more like a slim fit.

The jeans that look"slim-fit" could easily be skinny jeans or slim-fit jeans. It really depends on the size of the person, the size of the jeans and the name of the fit. Also, there are Levi's 511's AND Levi's 510's which are called Super skinny. Those are probably the ones that you'd have a problem with. The regular 511's are called skinny jeans but they are nowhere near skin tight. They are more like a slim fit.
Agreed but theres a problem in this thread...Levis have to be the baggiest of the skinny jeans sold today. I mean there are other brandsthat are REALLY skinny. Levi skinny aint that skinny to me.....

I don't feel there's anything wrong with "skinny jeans". I know in the early 90's alot of people probably felt the same way about"baggy jeans" seeing that tight jeans were still in style in the late 80's (See TooShort's "Life Too Short" Video)
wink.gif
I actually wear tight fitted jeans although I'm too tall for "skinny jeans", I never understood why people always think it's a bad thing tofollow trends. There's only so many styles a person can wear clothes every generation. When French fashion dominated civilization with Louis the 14th"Spandex" type garments were considered normal and "uncivilized" vagabonds wore "baggy clothes".
I'm on the train everyday and I see white, black, Asian, Hispanic, gay and straight men wearing "Skinny jeans" age 15-40....I don'tbelieve clothes define your sexuality or make you look feminine. I think the people who are struggling with their sexual identity find it hard to identify thedifference between GAY and STRAIGHT, so they rely on MATERIALISTIC and ABSTRACT CONCEPTS of MASCULINITY to cloak their frustration. Grotesque and Unattractivemales probably find it hard to "fit in" now because "Skinny Jeans" are in their opinion "SOFT".

....you only live once and "fads" and "trends" define our generation, so when you look back 30 years from now showing your children yourpics and 2008-2009 were the times of "skinny jeans"...your children might reply "so daddy you weren't cool?".....kids honesty can becruel
wink.gif

I don't feel there's anything wrong with "skinny jeans"? I know in the early 90's alot of people probably felt the same way about"baggy jeans" seeing that tight jeans were still in style in the late 80's (See TooShort's "Life Too Short" Video)
wink.gif
I actually wear tight fitted jeans although I'm too tall for "skinny jeans", I never understood why people always think it's a bad thing tofollow trends. There's only so many styles a person can wear clothes every generation. When French fashion dominated civilization with Louis the 14th"Spandex" type garments were considered normal and "uncivilized" vagabonds wore "baggy clothes".
I'm on the train everyday and I see white, black, Asian, Hispanic, gay and straight men wearing "Skinny jeans" age 15-40....I don'tbelieve clothes define your sexuality or make you look feminine. I think the people who are struggling with their sexual identity find it hard to identify thedifference between GAY and STRAIGHT, so they rely on MATERIALISTIC and ABSTRACT CONCEPTS of MASCULINITY to cloak their frustration. Grotesque and Unattractivemales probably find it hard to "fit in" now because "Skinny Jeans" are in their opinion "SOFT".

....you only live once and "fads" and "trends" define our generation, so when you look back 30 years from now showing your children yourpics and 2008-2009 were the times of "skinny jeans"...your children might reply "so daddy you weren't cool?".....kids honesty can becruel
wink.gif

I'm really waiting for next summer, when the new trend will be this...
2hx2gso.jpg

these teens weirdos gonna be wearing little tight shorts.

One day on the metro in DC 2 dudes in front of me were rocking skinny jeans, one of the boys asked the other if they were girl jeans he was wearing, and thedudes answer was "no these are actually men jeans, I haven't worn women jeans in a while."

This whole skinny jean thing is od tho

Those skinny jeans just make you look down right stupid. Plus I want to have kids. Therefore, I need some breathing room down there

Originally Posted by Put em up

I'm really waiting for next summer, when the new trend will be this...
2hx2gso.jpg

these teens weirdos gonna be wearing little tight shorts.
laugh.gif

Anyway relaxed fit for me. My head too big for skinny jeans.

I think HONESTLY and TRUTHFULLY if youre buying your pants in the womens section or youre basing your style off whatsome rapper, actor or celebrity is wearing then youre hurtin for some IDENTITY. I think its kinda funny that sooo many of you on here keep bringing up BAGGYpants and saying "well baggy pants was stupid and horrible" Im not a baggy pants wearing kind of person or SKINNY pantswearing guy either. I wear what fits comfortably.

THE PROBLEM is baggy jeans were stereotyped in the "GANGSTERS" or "THUGS" category so people who rocked themautomatically got stereotyped for a "THUG" or "HOODLUM"..that being said, back in the day at the same time this was going on, most men orboys who wore skinny jeans were presumed to be homosexual because thats what guys who were homosexual usually wore. The thing were missing here is that SKINNY,TIGHT jeans were never really worn by people in URBAN communities because it was also a TABU kind of thing. I guess kids now a days dont mind if they areconsidered Homosexuals opposed to Gangster or Thug

TODAY I feel the same way, I shake my head in SHAME at boys trying to follow a trend that seems to be drastically reaching out tothose who have an identity crisis and I just know as they MATURE maybe they will see the light and realize that sort of thing doesnt really matter atall....

Originally Posted by Vidasman

I think HONESTLY and TRUTHFULLY if youre buying your pants in the womens section or youre basing your style off what some rapper, actor or celebrity is wearing then youre hurtin for some IDENTITY. I think its kinda funny that sooo many of you on here keep bringing up BAGGY pants and saying "well baggy pants was stupid and horrible" Im not a baggy pants wearing kind of person or SKINNY pants wearing guy either. I wear what fits comfortably.

THE PROBLEM is baggy jeans were stereotyped in the "GANGSTERS" or "THUGS" category so people who rocked them automatically got stereotyped for a "THUG" or "HOODLUM"..that being said, back in the day at the same time this was going on, most men or boys who wore skinny jeans were presumed to be homosexual because thats what guys who were homosexual usually wore. The thing were missing here is that SKINNY, TIGHT jeans were never really worn by people in URBAN communities because it was also a TABU kind of thing. I guess kids now a days dont mind if they are considered Homosexuals opposed to Gangster or Thug

TODAY I feel the same way, I shake my head in SHAME at boys trying to follow a trend that seems to be drastically reaching out to those who have an identity crisis and I just know as they MATURE maybe they will see the light and realize that sort of thing doesnt really matter at all....

dd026583cae0d7bc41eb92b1f11f909ca302d0f2.jpg

Yeh but i cant get down with the skinny jean thing.

^^ actually its not CAPS LOCKS bro.. just the font on my laptop was bigger than normal.. my bad..

so many nt'rs are homophobes dudes need to grow up and let people do what they do. i bet some people in this board still rockin' the Pele Pele gear...thas koo as long as you're happy, but you dont have to bring your negativity to what someone else's is wearing.

Back
Top Bottom