Former Det. Lion Charles Rogers OTL preview

Dude was always wild in the D while he was there. Them flint boys a dif breed. Wish him the best though. I thought him, Big Fat Mike and Roy would be goodmoney...smh

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

But he wasn't until he made his comeback and he made the commitment not to do it anymore.

http://niketalk.com/topic/197632

there goes that commitment not to do it anymore ...

PTI, around the horn, mike & mike and the rest of the ESPN staffers have given him the "he's only human pass"

Charles Rogers was the butt of jokes and ridiculed anytime his name came up on ESPN after his drug problem was outted.

there is a Clear difference in the way the two are represented in the media
And Hamilton got $!%#@$+ on in that topic. We can't control what ESPN or the media does, and in all honesty if Rogers makes the comeback thatHamilton did we would be praised for it, but he hasn't. At all.

roll.gif
@ Yea I Blew Aye Day

Originally Posted by YoungCFromThaD

Dude was always wild in the D while he was there. Them flint boys a dif breed. Wish him the best though. I thought him, Big Fat Mike and Roy would be good money...smh

he's from Saginaw, not Flint. Makes me sad to be an MSU fan. His back of the endzone catch against ND in 2002... won't forget that one.

Hope he can get his shhh together, not for the NFL but life period.

I heard my man is still hanging out at local liquor stores back at the crib like that's really the place to be
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Josh hamilton is loved , Rogers is ostracized & ridiculed ...

6a00d8341c1aee53ef010534c02e49970c-800wi

Unfortunately its almost always about race heck look at the card. It has a black dude on it and more often than not when you hear the race card its somebodysaying that a black person is using it. Like I said race involved in almost everything. Its people that agree with Gunna and most might be black and mostthat disagree with Gunna probably aren't black so its kinda hard to say who's right when its just opinion going on your pov.

That's what I said in the Josh Hamilton relapse thread.

Iron Man, you contributed nothing by posting that. Rogers has admitted that he has a problem and has gone to rehab to help rid himself of his addiction. ESPNand the rest of the media threw him under the bus when he struggled. Hamilton on the other hand is praised as the second coming of Jesus and when he getscaught in the pics its he's still struggling with his addiction. Strawberry and Dwight Gooden were also struggling with their addictions, where was thesympathy then?

saw the preview a few days ago, need to catch the whole thing

dudes expression changed real quick
happy.gif
frown.gif

preach gunna...them folks always get mad when we state the truth but I love seeing them backpedal in denial...

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

6a00d8341c1aee53ef010534c02e49970c-800wi

Unfortunately its almost always about race heck look at the card. It has a black dude on it and more often than not when you hear the race card its somebody saying that a black person is using it. Like I said race involved in almost everything. Its people that agree with Gunna and most might be black and most that disagree with Gunna probably aren't black so its kinda hard to say who's right when its just opinion going on your pov.
I'm not black, and I often agree with Gunna. However, unlike most on this site, I'm not afraid to call him out when I think he is wrong. I don't mind butting heads when it involves a good discussion. That statement brought up by Gunna, and prompted the pic, was clearly pulling the racecard.

If Josh Hamilton would've never made it back, you think he would've received the love he has received? Hell no. The fact that he made it back was aremarkable story. Now that he fell off the wagon by drinking, he got some %+!% for it. However, he wasn't caught with any illegal drugs. I know a lot ofyou chief around here, and see it as common and shrug your shoulders, but to America, Marijuana is still an illegal drug.

Josh Hamilton had to climb back from the personal cellar he was in and shed the label that he was a waste of talent. What has Charles Rogers done? Hehasn't came back.

Iron Man, you contributed nothing by posting that. Rogers has admitted that he has a problem and has gone to rehab to help rid himself of his addiction. ESPN and the rest of the media threw him under the bus when he struggled. Hamilton on the other hand is praised as the second coming of Jesus and when he gets caught in the pics its he's still struggling with his addiction. Strawberry and Dwight Gooden were also struggling with their addictions, where was the sympathy then?
I guess you failed to read what I posted and just focused on the picture. You need to do more than go to rehab to jump into the heart ofAmerica.....and ESPN (
laugh.gif
). Josh Hamilton didn't get love during the2007 season, with the Reds. He didn't get love until he hit all those balls in the 2008 Home Run Derby, on National Television.

There isn't going to be any love for Strawberry or Doc, they threw their careers away by doing hard drugs. Strawberry got a lot of chances to salvage hiscareer and he always seemed to take them for granted.

There is a difference between Hamilton, Strawberry and Doc. Stop focusing on the pigment on their skin and think of their circumstances. Hamilton fell offthe wagon, and it was on ESPN and he did face scrutiny. However, he fell off by drinking alcohol. I will say this again, if Josh Hamilton would've beencaught doing a hard illegal drug, the story would have been bigger. He got caught drinking alcohol, getting drunk and he didn't hide. He was accountablefor his actions. As far as hanging out with those girls, should it be an issue we should be discussing? It is more of an issue that Josh and his wife have todiscuss.

Gooden had a history of cocaine use, getting suspended and then testing positive during his suspension. He has also had legal trouble since his retirement. Strawberry also had a long history with cocaine use not to mention being arrested for soliciting a prostitute and having cocaine on him, post retirement.

preach gunna...them folks always get mad when we state the truth but I love seeing them backpedal in denial...

Got to love the "co-signers".....
roll.gif

Oh, Josh Hamilton hasn't received the same love that he received in 2008. One reason being that he has had an injury plagued season, and the second reasonis him falling off the wagon.

Back
Top Bottom